Game Boy Codebreakers - E1GHTH PLACE

E1GHTH PLACE

Hey guys, E1GHTH PLACE here,

I've come up with something quite different than my usual melodic stuff. It has this weird, glitchy sound with an electronic twist. I wanted to write something that was outside of my comfort zone and what better way than a throwback to the good ol' Game Boy system. This is my interpretation of how a glitched-out Game Boy sounds out :P

I would appreciate if you provided any feedback that comes to mind (mixing, sound design, etc.)

Enjoy! :)

Game Boy Codebreakers by E1GHTH PLACE | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Last edited:
This is very trippy, glitchy and overall bouncy. The production is solid and the mix is where it should be. There's a lot of cool sounds happening here and the blending of electronic and glitchy elements really serve to compliment each other. I feel like there's a bit of a missed opportunity seeing as you didn't include the old gameboy start-up sound but that's just personal preference. Overall this is pretty good stuff and I think you hit what you were aiming for.

Chuck E Cheese Smackdown by DICQBEATS | Dicq Beats | Free Listening on SoundCloud check it out!

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback! :) Actually, if you listen to the very start of the song, I have included the iconic Game Boy startup sound effect with added delay and reverb :P

Yeah man this is sick! You've been killing it lately, really tight stuff! I enjoyed this one a lot!

Back