Future Trance? f4f

Hi Elytal,

Interesting track :) I think the power is drained out a bit everytime the really strong sidechain hits. In commercial music they often do makro level adjustments in other sections to fill out when something like this happens. You could for instance bring out the arp a little more when the bass is sidechained every once in a while.

Snares are a bit drowned in the bass aswell, lot of frequencies fighting in the highs. Perhaps you can put the bass at 1-2khz and 6k+ and the snare more in the 2-5khz area. (Or whatever you think is right in the track, just a suggestion)

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Precursor

Hi Elytal,

Interesting track :) I think the power is drained out a bit everytime the really strong sidechain hits. In commercial music they often do makro level adjustments in other sections to fill out when something like this happens. You could for instance bring out the arp a little more when the bass is sidechained every once in a while.

Snares are a bit drowned in the bass aswell, lot of frequencies fighting in the highs. Perhaps you can put the bass at 1-2khz and 6k+ and the snare more in the 2-5khz area. (Or whatever you think is right in the track, just a suggestion)

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Precursor

thnx man. Cool tip on the sidechain, with bringing other elements in. and yea my friend kept telling me to put the bass down a little bit.

I actually (respectfully disagree) with precursor music (though i would choose him to listen over than me since his music is better than mine). I think the bass level is nice if you are going for a benny benassi like vibe. The snares are sadly drowned out though, you can fix this by removing a tad bit of the mid-hi freq in the bass, and boosting the snare in that range. The side chain's attack is a bit too long, i would shorten it so the bass dips faster, but im talking about a very small change. I like the little plucks that come in, I think they should show up a bit more though to provide more variety. I think the the rise that builds up and drops at 2:00 should have a little bit more hang time before the bass drops again. The song is great as is, but these are just ideas and principles that you can apply to future tacks maybe. I can use help on my new track if you have any tips that would be great.

@ 0:30 try low passing the bass to build up with the arp and give it more of a progression. The sidechain is a bit distracting (even for this type of music). Needs more layers and some unique sounds IMO. I usually use my voice in all my tracks to some extent, as well as whatever weird noises I can squeeze in.

I actually (respectfully disagree) with precursor music (though i would choose him to listen over than me since his music is better than mine). I think the bass level is nice if you are going for a benny benassi like vibe. The snares are sadly drowned out though, you can fix this by removing a tad bit of the mid-hi freq in the bass, and boosting the snare in that range. The side chain's attack is a bit too long, i would shorten it so the bass dips faster, but im talking about a very small change. I like the little plucks that come in, I think they should show up a bit more though to provide more variety. I think the the rise that builds up and drops at 2:00 should have a little bit more hang time before the bass drops again. The song is great as is, but these are just ideas and principles that you can apply to future tacks maybe. I can use help on my new track if you have any tips that would be great.

thnx man, going to check yours now!

@ 0:30 try low passing the bass to build up with the arp and give it more of a progression. The sidechain is a bit distracting (even for this type of music). Needs more layers and some unique sounds IMO. I usually use my voice in all my tracks to some extent, as well as whatever weird noises I can squeeze in.

THnx, yea I should have added some gimbals and what not, just rushed it since I liked the idea ha

The bassline is powerful but gets repetitive after a while i think the bass notes should at least switch up at a few points in the track. I liked when it was just the pads as well it had a very atmospheric feel to out and built up nicely for the drop. After the drop I was really digging the track but I still wanted to hear some variety in the bass. Great track though!

When you have the chance here is my thread https://www.futureproducers.com/for.../eerie-timeless-beat-f4f-527655/#post50015978

The bass is very high..as in sitting in the mids... If that is what you going for, then run it... I love a big bottom end as well.. you could side chain a low sub bass along with it... The Kick could be snappier... and the high hats and snare do seem to be fighting with the rest of the mix and get lost...

I generally take everything below 2 to 4 khz out of the high hats... then roll off the synths to about 4 khz to 6 khz so the high hats have room...

It's all experimenting really... I could be totally wrong.. Its a pretty good effort bro.. keep creating.. its what keeps us sane :)

The bass is very high..as in sitting in the mids... If that is what you going for, then run it... I love a big bottom end as well.. you could side chain a low sub bass along with it... The Kick could be snappier... and the high hats and snare do seem to be fighting with the rest of the mix and get lost...

I generally take everything below 2 to 4 khz out of the high hats... then roll off the synths to about 4 khz to 6 khz so the high hats have room...

It's all experimenting really... I could be totally wrong.. Its a pretty good effort bro.. keep creating.. its what keeps us sane :)

Ha thanks bro, definitely could have put more effort into those things, and yes it keeps us going lol.

Maybe try make a pitch modulation instead of the sidechain on that bass, think it will be less distracting

Back