[Future House] New Original "Resolutions" by Bonz!! Feedback appreciated and returned

joe bonz

[Future House] New Original "Resolutions" by Bonz!! Feedback appreciated and returned

Hello everyone!! I just finished up an original future house song titled "Resolutions" I'd love if everyone would give it a listen and let me know what you think!! I'll return feedback on your tracks too of course. Cheers! :)

https://soundcloud.com/joebonz/resolutions

Last edited:
I'm not a huge fan of the aggressive synth stabs in the intro, so at first I wasn't sure about the direction of the track. Then the arp lead joined at 0:23 introducing a synthwave feel to it that I really liked. From that point on the track takes so many unexpected turns, every change is a pleasant surprise, it's a seriously creative tune! To my ears the mix is really well balanced too. It might not be something I'd choose to listen to, but there are some sweet ideas throughout and I'd be pleased with it if I was you. Nice work.

Thanks man! To be honest the stabs in the beginning are probably my least favorite part too so I'm realizing they definitely could have been replaced. Oh well! Just gotta improve the next track. Just listened to your song 'Zone Two'. Very cool. Very mysterious. Completely different style from what I make so it's a little hard for me to properly critique you, but if I had one thing to change it would be the kick you used. It sounds a little plastic and distorted. There are tons and tons of free drum kick samples you can find online that are bette quality I would recommend doing a quick google search. Awesome sounds though!

Great track! I love the piano at around 1:00 and how you incorporate it throughout the song. There's a background sound at around 4:00 that repeats 'till the end, that I don't like; find it distracting. The mix sounds great and the track flows nicely. Keep it up!

Hey there, very nice track!

I have no problem with the harsh stabs in the beginning but the arp lead is the best element. Overall the intro minute is my favorite part.

One thing I didn't like though: there is some heavy stereo panning on the synth starting at 2:51 - I am listening on headphones and that really disturbed me.

Yet again - overall a very good track.

Keep it going!

cheers
Virtualex

Thanks Virtualex! I appreciate the feedback, and I agree that I was a little aggressive on the panning. Just gave your 'Sonic' track a listen. Very cool, it gave me a Deadmau5 sort of feel. Very awesome sounds used in there. I'm interested to hear what it would sound like with a light kick maybe? Just to give the track some depth and progression. But the sounds are way cool. keep it up!

I think the intro is rather upbeat and engaging. Great transitions and I like the different variations. I'd say the bass is probably my favorite part. Can't really comment on the mixing as I'm a newb in that area.

Thanks EnviZion I appreciate the positive feedback. I just listened to your Hadron Collider track. I love the sounds you have going on in this piece. My only critique is that your kick is a bit weak. It's not punching through the other sounds as it should in a solid trance/prog trance track. Try putting an eq 8 on all your different tracks and cut out the unnecessary lows on everything but the bass. If you highpass your synths and cut the lows at around 250 your kick will sound heavier. Eqing is essential for making your low end pop out. Good luck!!

Thanks EnviZion I appreciate the positive feedback. I just listened to your Hadron Collider track. I love the sounds you have going on in this piece. My only critique is that your kick is a bit weak. It's not punching through the other sounds as it should in a solid trance/prog trance track. Try putting an eq 8 on all your different tracks and cut out the unnecessary lows on everything but the bass. If you highpass your synths and cut the lows at around 250 your kick will sound heavier. Eqing is essential for making your low end pop out. Good luck!!

Appreciate it. I spent some time working on EQ levels. There were some lows creeping in there but fewer than I thought. I did boost some mids here and there to give the arp especially a crisper feel.

The weird thing is when I listen to this with my laptop plugged into my monitors, the kick really punches and the bass has the pumping feel of the side chain.

I think I'm having an ongoing problem with my compression, filters and EQ not carrying over into the bounce to Soundcloud from Logicpro.

I listen to most tracks on my phone with a mid-grade pair of Bose with good frequency range and everybody else's tracks on soundcloud I can listen to comfortably at mid volume, but mine I have to turn way up. Losing some fidelity with the bounce.

Should I bounce the midi to audio tracks first before bouncing the mix, I wonder? Just looking for solutions and I pose the question here because I can hear the depth in your sound that leads me to believe you are great at troubleshooting.

Diggin the punchy kick drum, but not the synth stabs. The pluck arpeggios on the other hand sound very nice. The transition is way too abrupt IMO, the piano is very pretty sounding though. The part after that sounds pretty unique, I dig it. Once again though, your transition is just really a pause in sound, and then something completely different.

You have some interesting and unique ideas in this song, but the way they're thrown together could use some work. Also Some of the synths sound a tad cheesy, but still good job, the melodies/chord progressions are perfect.

check out mine?

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...ance-house-dance/dubstep-downfall-f4f-515452/

I think it's a pretty good start. Regarding the structure, I think that it's a bit "complicated" maybe too much part/build up. Keep it simple, you should try to follow the construction of some of your favorite Future House track, I agree that it's not very original and copying is bad, but after some tracks produced like this, you'll find yourself doing proper and nice structuration with the flow going. I did this and it helped, a lot.

Should I bounce the midi to audio tracks first before bouncing the mix, I wonder?

YES, definitely do this, it will save cpu (specially if you produce with a laptop) and give more space for your computer to manage compression and others. But maybe it will not make a huge difference. Othewise, try to look up some tutorial if you didnt allready, about how to proper mix. (Even if I think your mix, with headphone, sound really good :D.) And just one question, how many headroom db do you have after mixdown?

Have a nice day and happy new years! :)

edit: just saw you were giving feedback in returned :D if you want to take time to go through my tracks (only got 4 uploaded). I also produced Future House, Bass House. Hope you like !

Last edited:
i like the direction you went with this one, but it seems a bit stiff and it needs a good leveling and mix job badly. Kick is a bit hollow and weak for my taste as well, and with this genre a big fat well mixed kick is a must. I think adding different drum fills here and there would also help move this track a bit more too.

i left a follow and a comment on your SC page, returning the favor would be awesome

my thread to leave feedback on https://www.futureproducers.com/for...-bounce-track-b-ruthless-515616/#post49963188

Back