"Friends Like You" - dark, metallic, lyrical, epic EDM!

Woahhh, this track really hits! You should be happy with the results since this one is banging! Really cool vocal pitch effects and chops that matches along with the rhythm. The off-beat on the build-up though confused the hell out of me at first but as the song progressed it started to make a little more sense lol, but it's good though. The production is really clean and it doesn't sound like anything is out place really. Great stuff as usual :)

Thanks for sharing

Lovely vocal hook. Great comedown @ 2:30. Very clean, dynamic mix with all the transients hitting off. Really great work. Are you a professional DJ/musician? Only thing I might add are some ethereal pads on the loud sections to add emphasis and weight.

This is a clean mix, everything hits just right to keep the movement strong. That stabby melodic synth is really interesting too, if I had to describe it akin to a feeling, it would be like pricking at the ears. The interest definitely builds throughout the song, but the intro is a bit dull. I suggest turning the kick up in the beginning to have a bit more punch to carry the song until the first drop, where things really start to slap. Other than that, this is a well made track. Keep it up!

This is great work Vvaldo, you should collaborate with your brother more often! You've let the music really breathe, it's all the better for it and it hits that sweet spot between being different and still being lyrical and banging. The metallic synth is a nice bit of sound design too. NOR_OMA_NS's comment about turning the kick up at the start is probably a good shout, though I don't think the start is dull..!

Lovely vocal hook. Great comedown @ 2:30. Very clean, dynamic mix with all the transients hitting off. Really great work. Are you a professional DJ/musician? Only thing I might add are some ethereal pads on the loud sections to add emphasis and weight.

Thank you so much for the words. I'm indeed a professional musician, but a classical musician. I am self taught in the production/DJing industry.

I could so see this at a festival, I loved those weird plucky squeaky synths

That's such a compliment <3 Thank you, thank you!

This is a clean mix, everything hits just right to keep the movement strong. That stabby melodic synth is really interesting too, if I had to describe it akin to a feeling, it would be like pricking at the ears. The interest definitely builds throughout the song, but the intro is a bit dull. I suggest turning the kick up in the beginning to have a bit more punch to carry the song until the first drop, where things really start to slap. Other than that, this is a well made track. Keep it up!

Thank you so much, and thank you for listening. I completely agree with you regarding the intro, at one point I had to turn out the intro bassdrum since it peaked way too high in the sub, and I simply forgot to turn it up again. But I guess it works :P

This is great work Vvaldo, you should collaborate with your brother more often! You've let the music really breathe, it's all the better for it and it hits that sweet spot between being different and still being lyrical and banging. The metallic synth is a nice bit of sound design too. NOR_OMA_NS's comment about turning the kick up at the start is probably a good shout, though I don't think the start is dull..!

Thank you mate. I'm so glad you say it hits the spot between innovative and banging - that's precisely my aim with my music. I will absolutely do more with my brother!

Woahhh, this track really hits! You should be happy with the results since this one is banging! Really cool vocal pitch effects and chops that matches along with the rhythm. The off-beat on the build-up though confused the hell out of me at first but as the song progressed it started to make a little more sense lol, but it's good though. The production is really clean and it doesn't sound like anything is out place really. Great stuff as usual :)

Thanks for sharing

Thanks mate <3 Really glad you liked it. I'm thrilled people enjoy the mix and master - that's always been my weak spot, while composition and arrangement is my strong sides.

Its lovely, its great, its really nice! :-) well done man! I think it has been said all, mix sounds great, synths sound amazing. Maybe, if I may suggest something, is that the second drop is not as big as the first one and typically you would expect it to be the other way around? Here it sounds that the outro already starts at the second drop and the energy dies down.

Ps
happy to see you exceeding the 4 minute mark!

Its lovely, its great, its really nice! :-) well done man! I think it has been said all, mix sounds great, synths sound amazing. Maybe, if I may suggest something, is that the second drop is not as big as the first one and typically you would expect it to be the other way around? Here it sounds that the outro already starts at the second drop and the energy dies down.

Ps
happy to see you exceeding the 4 minute mark!

Thanks a lot mate! Yeah the second drop could be harder. But I kind of like to see it as a long build up, and I love to arrange contradictionary to what people expect :P

And yeah - big success making it over 3 minutes for me haha

Back