Follow Me - DEVR

DEVRmusic

Hey!

I would love some feedback on the mixing and mastering of it in particular. It was produced on Logic Pro X. You can here some unwanted clicking during the build ups, I think its just my poor computing power mixed with Logic Pro's unnecessarily detailed interface (my buffering power is all the way up) but if anyone has any advice to prevent this please let me know! Any additional feedback and comments are greatly appreciated!

Soundcloud:
Follow Me by DEVR | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Last edited:
Thanks for positive feedback on my track!
Now regarding yours...
The one thing that caught my eye is your tag- supposedly your track is revolving around House genre? (or at least it says it in the tag)
The most VITAL element in the house genre is (or most electronic music for that matter) is a kick drum. You could start with that- because at least on my behalf, i couldnt identify with my ruined ears where the kick drum sits in your track or where it is introduced.
I got a lot of other observations on how to improve your overall song structure, sound design and mixing quality, but dont want to overwhelm you :) so for now, lets focus on a simple core things :)

this video should help:
YouTube

Happy producing! dont stop

Are you sure that the clicking is caused boy computing power problem? I don't think it effect the mixdown.
Anyway, You could try to freeze some tracks, to save your Ram.
But it could be a volume problem.
I like the song :)

I'm not totally sure if its computing power, could be a range of things but I haven't tried freezing multiple tracks yet. Thanks for your advice!

Not sure about Logic - but I can comment on the track.

I feel like the buidlup lacks enough tension, and your kick needs to be more prominent. If you need help making a kick pump through I am sure there are a ton of threads on here. But anyway, I do like the vocal sample you have. The pluck could use more wideness, and low end or grit to it, as of right now it sounds a little too in front of the mix.

Back