First ever track... feedback welcome!

mitya

First time posted, first time track creator :) Created a remix of Twenty One Pilots' Heathens on my Yamaha MODX.

I know nought about mixing and mastering, and electronic music creation in general, so I'm totally open to any and all constructive criticism. Don't worry - I'm not under any illusions that my track is a world-beater.

View attachment Heathens192.mp3

I should say I'm in the middle of moving house, so my speaker setup is less than ideal, and this is as good as I could make it sound. Probably to seasoned producer ears there'll be some obvious things which are wrong - levels, compression, etc. Again, happy to receive all advice :)

Thanks a lot in advance!

I like it - I sense a little of pryda's influence! I like the leveling in it, nothing's too crazy(listening through akgs).

A couple of tips(only by taste):
Vocal reverb
Add something "unique" - this track does not stand out. What I love to do, is to layer it out af (since this is trancy song, it might not fit it so well).. As one great manager said to me once, if track doesn't have any part unique, then what's the point of listening to it?

I like it - I sense a little of pryda's influence! I like the leveling in it, nothing's too crazy(listening through akgs).

A couple of tips(only by taste):
Vocal reverb
Add something "unique" - this track does not stand out. What I love to do, is to layer it out af (since this is trancy song, it might not fit it so well).. As one great manager said to me once, if track doesn't have any part unique, then what's the point of listening to it?

Thanks very much - really appreciate you taking the time to leave feedback.

When you say vocal reverb, do you mean add it or remove it?

As for making the track stand out, sure. My intention was that was to have two USPs: 1) The truncated vocal samples in the A section; 2) The vocoder treatment in the finale. I get that neither of these techniques are revolutionary, and have been done better before than I have here, but that was what I was hoping would make the track stand out or at least not be too dull :)

Back