First completed track, chill EDM. Need feedback!

niceCream

Hi, everyone

I'm a little new to the music production world. Been exploring little by little for a bit longer than a year now.
I just finished what I consider my first track. I know a lot of quality and technique needs to be worked on, but I'd really like some constructive feedback from you guys! My ears have heard this track probably 1000 times so I'll def need someone else to listen too!

Please comment everything you notice - good and not so good - everything.

Thank you!

View attachment 2105.mp3

Reminds me of chilled Drum n Bass. Transitions are clean and smooth, really great. Atmosphere in the background too. In my opinion the leads sounds too boring and shrill or sharp in combination with the melody. It's kinda annoying when your're listening the whole track. So I would choose another lead or I would make the melody more rough and not so smooth.

Reminds me of chilled Drum n Bass. Transitions are clean and smooth, really great. Atmosphere in the background too. In my opinion the leads sounds too boring and shrill or sharp in combination with the melody. It's kinda annoying when your're listening the whole track. So I would choose another lead or I would make the melody more rough and not so smooth.

Thank you for your feedback. I've struggled a lot with the lead, and in the end I just didn't want to spend more time on the track. Since it's the first track I just needed to get some feedback and move on to the next, hopefully better:)

Really nice intro! The perc and synths go together really well! Like it a lot! The lead that comes in at 1:20 is a bit shrill/high though? Best regards! ��

Really nice intro! The perc and synths go together really well! Like it a lot! The lead that comes in at 1:20 is a bit shrill/high though? Best regards! ��

Thank you for your feedback <3
I agree, I thought too the lead was a little high-pitched, but I'm happy you liked the other parts:)

Sounds good! I think the soft main lead fits more if you push it back in the mix a bit more and bring more focus to the percussion, it'll vibe more

I liked the melody a lot but somehow for me it became annoying after some time, maybe changing it a bit more? more variety? So for me the track is to long to enjoy it.
Take 1/3 of it as a part for a bigger song and the 1/3-part is awesome!

Last edited:
Know it's already been said but sounds like a good chill entry into the drum and bass genre! Like the way you have the drums throughout, they seem to be clean!

Think you should mess around with some automations like @Eskalation was getting at because it'll give more movement and energy to your lead synths.

I just released a new tune too, chilled drum and bass style. Let me know what you make of it in my signature :)

Thank you
I don't know yet. Would have been fun to release some tracks on Spotify etc, but first I have to be good enough to set the tracks out on platforms. I really enjoy just doing music as a hobby too, since there are so much other things going on in life ?

Back