Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First completed track, chill EDM. Need feedback!

Thanks

First completed track, chill EDM. Need feedback!

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hi, everyone

I'm a little new to the music production world. Been exploring little by little for a bit longer than a year now.
    I just finished what I consider my first track. I know a lot of quality and technique needs to be worked on, but I'd really like some constructive feedback from you guys! My ears have heard this track probably 1000 times so I'll def need someone else to listen too!

Please comment everything you notice - good and not so good - everything.

Thank you!

2105.mp3

2. The Following User Says Thank You to niceCream For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reminds me of chilled Drum n Bass. Transitions are clean and smooth, really great. Atmosphere in the background too. In my opinion the leads sounds too boring and shrill or sharp in combination with the melody. It's kinda annoying when your're listening the whole track. So I would choose another lead or I would make the melody more rough and not so smooth.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eskalation View Post
    Reminds me of chilled Drum n Bass. Transitions are clean and smooth, really great. Atmosphere in the background too. In my opinion the leads sounds too boring and shrill or sharp in combination with the melody. It's kinda annoying when your're listening the whole track. So I would choose another lead or I would make the melody more rough and not so smooth.
    Thank you for your feedback. I've struggled a lot with the lead, and in the end I just didn't want to spend more time on the track. Since it's the first track I just needed to get some feedback and move on to the next, hopefully better

Thanks
    Really nice intro! The perc and synths go together really well! Like it a lot! The lead that comes in at 1:20 is a bit shrill/high though? Best regards! ��

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ANVILMESA View Post
    Really nice intro! The perc and synths go together really well! Like it a lot! The lead that comes in at 1:20 is a bit shrill/high though? Best regards! ��
    Thank you for your feedback <3
    I agree, I thought too the lead was a little high-pitched, but I'm happy you liked the other parts

Thanks
    Sounds good! I think the soft main lead fits more if you push it back in the mix a bit more and bring more focus to the percussion, it'll vibe more

Thanks
    I liked the melody a lot but somehow for me it became annoying after some time, maybe changing it a bit more? more variety? So for me the track is to long to enjoy it.
    Take 1/3 of it as a part for a bigger song and the 1/3-part is awesome!
    Last edited by ArtinikWizdom; 06-01-2020 at 02:18 PM.

Thanks
    Know it's already been said but sounds like a good chill entry into the drum and bass genre! Like the way you have the drums throughout, they seem to be clean!

Think you should mess around with some automations like @Eskalation was getting at because it'll give more movement and energy to your lead synths.

I just released a new tune too, chilled drum and bass style. Let me know what you make of it in my signature
    My latest tune:

Thanks
    EDM isnít my specialty, but I enjoyed it. I think it sound great for your first track.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Benny Kyree For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I agree really great for your first track mate; what are your goals w the tracks? ... just curious

Thread Information