First attempt at Liquid - Happy to return feedback

WillisMixes

Creative Mind
Hey,

I'm a 22 year old producer from the UK and been making beats since I was 17/18. I've made hip hop in the past mainly but thought I'd try something new.

What do you make of this experiment? Happy to listen to anything you want feedback on too!

Hi

I like the chill vibe in your track, calming and a little uplifting too.
I think the track lacks some fills and movement, though, and maybe a little more bass to it. It's a little flat, but still enjoyable!
Think you could fix that easily.

good vibes dude; I really like the drums for some reason they remind me of D&B while the rest of it like chill wave or something ; tbh those percs at 2;00 could bap a little more; you have a nice creamy sound on your mid range synths, I like whatever you're doing there; I think your levels in the mix are good in relationship too each other but you could prolly compress your basses some more try using multiple compressors in a series with gentler settings; but i'm wondering... where's the SUBBBBB dawggg lol; I like your low-mid basses but im pretty sure there's barely anything below 60. u could get a clean sine wave underneath your dub bass line and it would fill it out nicely, just like copy the midi over to a sine wave generator and roll down a low pass to like 70 or whatever is right, to fill up the 30-60 range - then I think this would be hittin . u might end up needing to roll up the hi pass on your low-mid bass group once you do this, but you won't lose any hit; I think bc there is no sub beneath 50 or 60 that they guy said it felt flat. you can hi-pass that new sub u make up to 25 if you wanna be picky...

you could carve some specific space out or your low mid basses for the vocal to be a little clearer like literally the specific notes; use a side chain eq if making the cut is too noticeable; it could be nice to hear the "HoN' vocal a little more higher in the mix too;

the bass at the end gets a little Wiley you could comrpress it som more but I really like how it feels when its swelling up and coming in. if you add a sub when that section drops, its gonna slap.

there's not much going on in the mid-highs like the 1-3k area. if you felt like adding anything else that would be a good place to put some energy. I dont think it necessary tho, thats up to your artistic POV.. but the frequency spectrum is light there.

your mix is mad quiet, like you could come up another 15LUFS.

overall I really like what you got going on and please take my notes as just ideas.. the only reason I gave so many is bc I think the track is really good, and with a few more hours in it you could have urself summthin gradeA. if you plan to drop this in a club somewhere you'll def want that sub tho. you mixing with SPAN yet?

Back