Finished New House Song

klectik

I just finished my second song ever. I would like to know what everyone thinks about it. Please be as critical as possible because I am trying to learn as much as I can.

nice track man has a nice groove to it..like the bass you used..the begining seems a little to long before buildup to me but after the drop its nice..good job

Last edited:
this is very original! the drop especially. but I recommend adding a deep sub bass, I hear one but I feel like it should be more prominent and sidechained pretty heavily to the kick.maybe add some reverb to the pluck sound in the beginning and in the breakdown and cut the low end off of the reverb. honestly if this is your first song you're definitely a LOT better than when I made my second song. What DAW are you using and what synths? cheers!

this is very original! the drop especially. but I recommend adding a deep sub bass, I hear one but I feel like it should be more prominent and sidechained pretty heavily to the kick.maybe add some reverb to the pluck sound in the beginning and in the breakdown and cut the low end off of the reverb. honestly if this is your first song you're definitely a LOT better than when I made my second song. What DAW are you using and what synths? cheers!

Thanks for the advice. I'll try to boost the bass a little more. I did already sidechain the bass to the kick, but maybe I should lower the threshold a little more. I'm currently using FL studio and I used Massive and Nexus presets for the synths. I'm thinking of making the switch over to Ableton though, cuz I hate how the automations end up all over the place in FL.

Really dig the way the song starts, really unique. Try beefing up the clap a bit, sounds a bit weak among the other elements. Buildup through me off a bit, felt like it should have dropped a bit earlier. But really like the main synth you used. Overall dig it man, great work!

This is pretty well done. Kind of has a bass house, deep house drop but mixed with a bit of techno. I think the plucks need some umph though. Give it some reverb to fill in the gaps! Cheers

Dope track man! I agree with the others. The intro was good but it was a little dry and I feel like the snares gave the impression that a drop was going to happen sooner than it did. Other than that though, good stuff! Especially for your second song ever...

Back