Feedback on WIP

This is sounding pretty good, maybe a modulating high pass filter on the original sound (opening chords) during the :20 - :30 section. Also, maybe add a Transient Master (native instruments plugin) to the kick and snare, I think the hats come through well, but the main drums need to back it up. Volume modulate the kick up before the drop so that it hits a little harder at the drop. Maybe the lead at 1:30 needs more side chaining? 1:46 sound is sick, maybe a better transition into the distorted sound tho.. (low pass filter it up at the end of the previous section to introduce the idea). I also think the background pads (the heavily side chained ones) should be more prominent during the second drop. Good overall sound tho!

I just released an EP myself, Alpha Silhouette, on Soundcloud, artist name Remy Steele!
Check it out!

Hey, love the efforts. The effects are well chosen and tastefully arranged. The harmonical progression is great.
My advises for you would be to start experimenting with prioritizing layers over others. Ask yourself: Which sounds belong to the background? Which sounds are leading? Right now I'd say all elements are gathered in a small group at the front. Stir that pot around! Put a guy in the far back, put someone far to the right - experiment with positioning the sounds.
And in my opinion, the bass is central in electronic music. Why don't you try to let all the elements rest on a simple, clean bass?

Keep it up!

Back