[FEEDBACK] Track I am making.

lukasluthra

Brief introduction (given this is my first song I am posting)

I'm 17 and i've been producing EDM for roughly 2 years now. I have made a number of songs over the years but I have received 0 critical/important feedback from them other than my friends.

I would seriously appreciate if you could take a look at this track and comment here some work that could be done to it.

20/20 by Naman Luthra | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Thanks!
-Naman

I like the idea, style and way you've arranged things. Melodic stuff, deep and meaningful chords. I would say, this is good but every track just needs the proper mixing and mastering process to stand out and get that ambient, energy and space and then the song pretty much speaks for itself.

Last edited:
Try to mix more left/right, be brave with panning! You can alos make it more interesting with going crazy with those short breaks occasionally (more of those short notes, like quick arpeggio sweep!)

The song is fine for me. BUt I'm no expert. I couldn't make a track like this if my soul depended on it. MOst of the listening public will be the same. Maybe one percent would find a flaw. And they mostly hang out here. :)

Last edited:
Hm. I certainly agree that I need to learn and master mixing and mastering... (more the mastering obviously) but I always subconsciously felt that adding arpeggio sweeps in those small breaks then defeats the purpose of what many could appreciate as a silent space in the track.

But thank you so much :)

Cool track man. I've always been a fan of the clap/snap combo over a standard snare. Super chill vibes and a very relaxing sound. For me, the sidechain feels a bit too long and a bit too heavy leaving a lot of open areas, especially in the glitchy area near the end. It may be worth playing with lowering the release of your SC a bit, and also perhaps bringing the threshold up a bit (genre styling thing though, - I know) and perhaps bringing some FX/sweeps/Sounds in to those 'breaks' at the glitchy areas just to help bring some continuity into that section. I do like the feel/vibe of it, but it just feels like there's a lot of space that could be utilized. Bring some weird crazy shit in there, and pan it around and I think you'll have a very nice track!

Back