Feedback on Progressive House Track

Ok, so let me tell you, I'm gonna be honest, please don't mind, just want to help you, the beginning chords feels like they are not all in tune, maybe they are not from the same key or something, the sfx are too loud, on the synth you are misiing some low mids, you need to clean up the mix, because it sounds muddy, the kick is not punching through the mix, maybe you need more sidechaining, the melody that begins at 1:36 is not in key, maybe because you used other notes than the scale you are in, also there is a good thing in your song that the 2nd drop sounds more full, maybe you've added something there, put what you added there on the first drop and here are some tips fore you, learn how to eq and make your mix to breathe, learn what is frequency distribution, learn what is gain stagging, learn what is panning, stereo width, learn how to check a song in mono etc, if you learn those the other tutorial will appear aside on YouTube, I hope this will help, your arrangement is ok, keep it up man and hope to hear from you the better version :)
Please leave me some feedback on mine too :)
Remix Mastered by Adriliv | AdrIlIv | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Last edited:
Exactly what AdrIlIv said. I'll also add that you should layer your main lead sound to add some movement and interest.

Looking forward to hearing the revision! :)

You have the structure of how a progressive house track, but the track itself sound vague and weak as it has no emotion into it. Sidechaining is a must but you should add more variety into the highs and add more into the main lead or have a supporting lead. (Strings, Arps, Plucks, you name it) The next time you produce a track, you should compare it to another track that has the same genre and style. That way you can see where your mastering is compared to the track you're trying to achieve. The track is good and I can see some potential into it, Hope you revise it soon!

Back