Electro-Trap Hybrid / Would like to hear some feedback about the sound & production.

Mea Thrills

Electro-Trap Hybrid / Would like to hear some feedback about the sound & production.

We released our debut track with my buddy and i believe we've made something different. I would like to hear some honest feedback about it since it's hard to find anyone around me to give proper ones :) All kinds of criticism is welcome.

This is my first time giving feedback but i'll try to help you out here.

The intro is good it transitions pretty well into the drop no problems there.

The drop synth is interesting but i feel like it could use some work. The weird kinda high pitched vocal thing that plays throughout the drop is a little annoying but i feel it matches the rest of the track in terms of tone. The acid style basses you use sound like they have reverb on them and it makes it sound harsher. The ending electro bit is really harsh sounding. The panning and distortion can be toned down a bit.

All in all its a fine track. You made it sound harsh but if it was a stylistic choice then there is no problem.

Thanks for the feedback man. As you said most of the choices was creatively rather than technical. However after 2 weeks, i kinda feel the same thing about the outro part. Thank you for giving your time :)

Nice mixing. That's what stood out the most for me. Yea I agree I think it sounds pretty unique, as you think. Some of the high frequency sounds during the drop stand out too much to me, I think they could be lowered in volume or EQed. Also, I'm not sure if this would sound better to you, but if it were me, I'd make the voice more mono and have the acid sounding synth wider, or have another wide layer to complement it. Not sure how it would sound in like a club setting in mono but that's just something that came to my mind. Sounds very clean and unique though. Keep it up and good luck.

If you want to return the favor, here's my track.
ZachPayne - Crystal Sky [Melodic Dubstep] (Feedback for feedback)

Last edited:
Oh yea, this is really good, I definitely enjoyed it from start to finish. Has a good quality to it and various interesting elements that kept me interested.

This could be good with like a sci-fi movie club scene. Definitely like the acid sounds and the outro. The mixing is good like the others said, but I agree that that high pitched vocal thing might be better being lower in volume, or replaced with something else.

I agree with Koporo on the sci-fi club feeling. I'm imagining some dirty, dingy backstreet cyberpunk bar with naked holograms of girls dancing on tables lol. I think you have a really good thing going. I agree with the critique from ZachPayne on the high frequency synth sounds you threw in but I totally vibe with the idea just the execution could be a bit more nuanced as I'm sure you already know. All and all man this is something I could groove with at an EDM show for sure. I think you should continue in this direction. You get a big high five from me!

:victory::victory:

Last edited:
Sounds like shit, haaaaaa gotya, it's really good overall.

MY PERSONAL OPINION:

I'm not a fan of the acid growl in the drop, I think the initial sound in the drop is really strong and is something I haven't heard before. But the pure Acid growl on the other hand are common as balls and my ears turn off when I hear them now.

The whole track could lean on that initial drop sound, and maybe changed up slightly in the second part.

The outro is a bit strange but who cares anyways you just busted a nut all over everyone's eardrums with that drop good stuff.

The production is clean i can hear that phat kick through the mix but what do i know about production: SAMUwU | SAMUw U | Free Listening on SoundCloud nothing as you can hear.

goodjob loved it

Back