EDM Track - The Dogs of Napolean - Feedback appreciated and will be returned.

punishedsnake89

Would like some feedback on this track. - Dogs of Napolean - , kind of inspired by Animal Farm, hence the name, and by what's going on in the world today what with the virus and all.

Made it on FL Studio. Mostly I want feedback on the mix and master. I always give feedback in return.

I think it has kind of a Michael Jackson Dirty Diana feel to it. Feels like a rainy, depressing tone at times.

https://clyp.it/kgkeyb0j

for some reason, the words in the first post are blacked out. Anyway, the link for the track is here: The Dogs of Napolean - Clyp

and like I said in the first post, I'm mostly looking for feedback on the mix and master, but other advice would be welcome. I always return feedback, so any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Nice work. I have to ask... what's the inspiration behind the title!? Like the sinister, rather bare feel that the track has. Almost sounds like a conversation among different synth lines. If I had one criticism I'd say it needs to grow a little more into a climax or B section - just some variation because it's quite samey from beginning to end. But as I say I like the feel and the mix (to my very untrained ears) sounds OK to me.

Last edited:
Yes I've gotten that criticism from another user at another board, and I'm starting to agree. I thought it seemed fine, and that I varied it plenty but apparently I didn't.

The dogs of napolean was referencing napolean's dogs. There was a character named Napolean in the book Animal Farm, an authoritarian ******* and a pig, literally and figuratively. He surrounded himself with a legion of dogs who'd do his bidding, and viciously assassinate those he and his followers deemed a threat. I saw a video not too long ago, of a couple who was forcibly removed from their home by police officers to be taken to a hospital and tested for covid19. That just really pissed me off, and made me think of that book so I titled it that way.

Back