EDM track

Good day Linas,

Idomi is an excellent song. Definitely something I enjoy listening to. The earth rattling drop at 0:30 is also an enjoyable experience. My comment overall, great work! Keep it up.

I have to ask, is this a bootleg? I vaguely recognize the lead.

Kind regards

TS

Hi Tierno,

Thank you, I appreciate it!

So this is absolutely original, well, atleast I don't know any songs with this lead! I was just messing around with synths and when I got to high pitched pluckish sound, I felt that this melody will suit the song I wanted to build towards to, and I wanted growling bass under it, to give it a little bit more aggressive feel!

You definitely succeeded. Again, I am going to say this, your song is excellent! (Very memorable.) I am now debating whether I should scrap a song I am in the process of finishing because your music is on a complete next level. Regarding the lead, I guess if someone spends as much time as we tend to developing leads, your memory can trick you. ;)

You are going to go far, best of luck.

TS

Dope and Vibey

Hi!

So I made this EDM track, I just had an inspiration and it built itself fairly easy!

I really wanna hear all the tips and comments on everything in it!

Ayy I really like this track a lot its super dope and vibey. It does get a bit repetitive for how long the track is, you could make it shorter or add some more variations but this is a really really cool house song, I like how you mixed it as well. Great work, I would love to follow you and see what else you come up with :)

Thank you guys for your comments, they mean so much to me!

I didn't put more variation to it just so that it would keep it's "boundaries" and I wouldn't put in anything too weird!

I have made another track just now. This one is weird, I can guarantee that. I wasn't aiming for any synths, all I wanted is to give more love for pianos - just because most producers now avoid it, and it's my favorite instrument! So I kind of wanted to give whoever listens to this song a walk with pianos.. :)
SoundCloud - Hear the world’s sounds

I definitely share the love for a piano. This is based on my personal preference, there are two things I would try and determine if the music benefits in any way form it.

1) The sequence of 3/4 rhythm, Bb notes. Interchange some of them with prefect intervals and follow the underlying tension created by the chords, keep the 3/4 rhythm.
2) This is only if you would consider adding something which is not a piano. Listen to Moby - Flower (0:25). A very simple "kick - clap" pattern could potentially add a complete other perspective to a predominantly piano dominated song without taking the attention away form the piano. That is my opinion, someone else might feel differently about that.

I hope this helps in some way.

Kind regards.

TS

I definitely share the love for a piano. This is based on my personal preference, there are two things I would try and determine if the music benefits in any way form it.

1) The sequence of 3/4 rhythm, Bb notes. Interchange some of them with prefect intervals and follow the underlying tension created by the chords, keep the 3/4 rhythm.
2) This is only if you would consider adding something which is not a piano. Listen to Moby - Flower (0:25). A very simple "kick - clap" pattern could potentially add a complete other perspective to a predominantly piano dominated song without taking the attention away form the piano. That is my opinion, someone else might feel differently about that.

I hope this helps in some way.

Kind regards.

TS

Thank you for your comment!
My plan here was to make a few different, simple piano melodies, fit together to create something that sounds way more complex than it actually is.. Though I will try it out differently!
About the second - I have put in a regular kick-snap pattern and some light instruments, you can hear them in the chorus part. Regular kick snap pattern is because clap is a little too aggressive, and the regular pattern just fits in easily, filling in the missing drums!

Thank you once again Tierno for taking your time!

Back