Thread: EDM track

Thanks

EDM track

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hi!

So I made this EDM track, I just had an inspiration and it built itself fairly easy!

I really wanna hear all the tips and comments on everything in it!

Idomi by L | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Thanks
    Good day Linas,

Idomi is an excellent song. Definitely something I enjoy listening to. The earth rattling drop at 0:30 is also an enjoyable experience. My comment overall, great work! Keep it up.

I have to ask, is this a bootleg? I vaguely recognize the lead.

Kind regards

TS

3. The Following User Says Thank You to TiernoSoldado For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hi Tierno,

Thank you, I appreciate it!

So this is absolutely original, well, atleast I don't know any songs with this lead! I was just messing around with synths and when I got to high pitched pluckish sound, I felt that this melody will suit the song I wanted to build towards to, and I wanted growling bass under it, to give it a little bit more aggressive feel!

Thanks
    You definitely succeeded. Again, I am going to say this, your song is excellent! (Very memorable.) I am now debating whether I should scrap a song I am in the process of finishing because your music is on a complete next level. Regarding the lead, I guess if someone spends as much time as we tend to developing leads, your memory can trick you.

You are going to go far, best of luck.

TS

Thanks

Thumbs up Dope and Vibey

Quote Originally Posted by Linas View Post
    Hi!

So I made this EDM track, I just had an inspiration and it built itself fairly easy!

I really wanna hear all the tips and comments on everything in it!

Ayy I really like this track a lot its super dope and vibey. It does get a bit repetitive for how long the track is, you could make it shorter or add some more variations but this is a really really cool house song, I like how you mixed it as well. Great work, I would love to follow you and see what else you come up with

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TheDJCooki3 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thank you guys for your comments, they mean so much to me!

I didn't put more variation to it just so that it would keep it's "boundaries" and I wouldn't put in anything too weird!

I have made another track just now. This one is weird, I can guarantee that. I wasn't aiming for any synths, all I wanted is to give more love for pianos - just because most producers now avoid it, and it's my favorite instrument! So I kind of wanted to give whoever listens to this song a walk with pianos..
    SoundCloud - Hear the world’s sounds

Thanks
    I definitely share the love for a piano. This is based on my personal preference, there are two things I would try and determine if the music benefits in any way form it.

1) The sequence of 3/4 rhythm, Bb notes. Interchange some of them with prefect intervals and follow the underlying tension created by the chords, keep the 3/4 rhythm.
    2) This is only if you would consider adding something which is not a piano. Listen to Moby - Flower (0:25). A very simple "kick - clap" pattern could potentially add a complete other perspective to a predominantly piano dominated song without taking the attention away form the piano. That is my opinion, someone else might feel differently about that.

I hope this helps in some way.

Kind regards.

TS

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TiernoSoldado View Post
    I definitely share the love for a piano. This is based on my personal preference, there are two things I would try and determine if the music benefits in any way form it.

1) The sequence of 3/4 rhythm, Bb notes. Interchange some of them with prefect intervals and follow the underlying tension created by the chords, keep the 3/4 rhythm.
    2) This is only if you would consider adding something which is not a piano. Listen to Moby - Flower (0:25). A very simple "kick - clap" pattern could potentially add a complete other perspective to a predominantly piano dominated song without taking the attention away form the piano. That is my opinion, someone else might feel differently about that.

I hope this helps in some way.

Kind regards.

TS

Thank you for your comment!
    My plan here was to make a few different, simple piano melodies, fit together to create something that sounds way more complex than it actually is.. Though I will try it out differently!
    About the second - I have put in a regular kick-snap pattern and some light instruments, you can hear them in the chorus part. Regular kick snap pattern is because clap is a little too aggressive, and the regular pattern just fits in easily, filling in the missing drums!

Thank you once again Tierno for taking your time!

Thread Information