(Edm) First Track - I need feedback

Yo man,

I like the idea, but I think the notes in the melody are too thin and too high. With too thin I mean you have to layer the melody to different sounds, but act as one sound and creates a massive sound above the kick. Place the melody an octave lower, or add some lower sounds to it, because imo the sound is annoying that hight.

Cheers!

Please also give a listen to my track which is a remix of Madonna - La Isla Bonita! Madonna - La Isla Bonita (Praimfaya REMIX) *NFY* by DJ_Praimfaya | DJ Praimfaya | Free Listening on SoundCloud and provide me with some feedback as well.
Thanks in advance!

wow lovely melody, yeah but missing middle end instruments, I think you can add some saw wave instrument with lower octave of the melody

Hey there!

So for the melody, I think it doesn't work with vocals. When it "changes" the vocals, it has to be a little bit more similar to vocals - to give a sense of continuity.

As for the first track ever - congrats, real nice, can't believe it's the first one, since when I made my first track - I put all the effects on master channel, because I didn't know the difference!

So, furthermore about track: synths are not my type - they sound something like from 1990's..

Also, the track really lacks some low end - the kick is present, but the sub is not there, or is super quiet.

The part where vocals and synth are together(around 1 minute), they are conflicting and fighting for the same position and same loudness - vocal should go on top.

And the last thing I'd recommend is effects. It's probably the last thing you think about, but they gotta go behind the sounds and help you raise into 'drop', change parts of melodies and stuff - you use one on 1:00, but it's really hard to understand where is the drop itself, and where it is building for the drop :)

Hey BolG

Some thoughts,
- I think the mix is too mono. I would pan stuff on the sides
- I think it lack low frequencies. Maybe a strong bass to support the thing and give groove?

All the best, keep it up !

Sap'

As the guys said, for your first track it's really good.

Try to stack the layers of the melody, its a little bit too high, and add a nice Sub Bass and Bass

Back