Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DZM - Nightdevil

Thanks

DZM - Nightdevil

Sign in to disable this ad
    Friends, check out my new track "Nightdevil"! Let me know what you think and I will return the favour!

Nightdevil by DZM | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Thanks
    I like this, cool acid sounds. Keep it up mate

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ASLIN For This Useful Post:

DZM

Thanks
    Thanks man! Listened to your track as well, like the sound. Mix also sounds very good, professional. I also liked the build up to the drop, however I was a bit disappointed by what came after - it was a bit I don't know, empty? Maybe thats just the style but the rest of the track was so full and gorgeous, so for me I was hoping for more of that!
    Keep it up, cheers!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DZM View Post
    Thanks man! Listened to your track as well, like the sound. Mix also sounds very good, professional. I also liked the build up to the drop, however I was a bit disappointed by what came after - it was a bit I don't know, empty? Maybe thats just the style but the rest of the track was so full and gorgeous, so for me I was hoping for more of that!
    Keep it up, cheers!
    Thanks for listning man, its the style but i completely agree with what you say.

Have a good one!

Thanks
    Very cool! When the track begins with that crackle, that gives me a warm feeling. Also the mix and the stereo image sound good to me. The only thing that kind of seems to get a little bit into the way of the other elements as well as the goove is the rolling kicks inbetween in my opinion.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to beyond_horizont For This Useful Post:

DZM

Thanks
    Nice one man. Love the feeling and aggression. Sometimes there's a bit of conflict in the lower EQ parts, but it's not too bad tbh. Maybe add some more sidechaining as well and a bassline beneath everything could further improve it.
    But it's pretty suitable already for the genre Great job, keep it up. Followed you
    twitter.com/rpwek
    hit me up! let's support each other

9. The Following User Says Thank You to VValdo For This Useful Post:

DZM

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by beyond_horizont View Post
    Very cool! When the track begins with that crackle, that gives me a warm feeling. Also the mix and the stereo image sound good to me. The only thing that kind of seems to get a little bit into the way of the other elements as well as the goove is the rolling kicks inbetween in my opinion.
    Thank you! Agree somewhat on the rolling kicks... was thinking to take it out, it indeed swallows the transients of the kick up and I also find it sounds a bit muffled... ah well, live and learn! thanks again!

Thanks
    Nice grove all round. The synth sound design is really cool. And it has plenty of variating sections. I actually listened to this for the first time during the night when it was dark out… yeah that was serously spooky lol.

I personally would probably shorten it down a little bit, I find it makes me able to concentrate on the details of every section since there's less song to work on. As VValdo said, the lower end EQ has some conflict. It could help to skim through a few YouTube tutorials about that. That helped me anyways.

And the drum samples sound a little bit grainy. Don't know if that' intentional or not, but imo it would sound better with some higher quality samples. It's relatively easy to find some free DL sample packs around the internet. Ghosthack has some nice free ones I think. Just be careful for malicious links and viruses

Thanks
    Thanks for listening! I guess I suffer a bit from the "afraid it gets boring" complex and am at risk for stuffing in too many things...

With regards to the drums, they are heavily processed through Trash so maybe thats what creating the graininess... I did intend for it to sound a bit vintage but actually did not notice them sounding too bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Em Josh View Post
    Nice grove all round. The synth sound design is really cool. And it has plenty of variating sections. I actually listened to this for the first time during the night when it was dark out… yeah that was serously spooky lol.

I personally would probably shorten it down a little bit, I find it makes me able to concentrate on the details of every section since there's less song to work on. As VValdo said, the lower end EQ has some conflict. It could help to skim through a few YouTube tutorials about that. That helped me anyways.

And the drum samples sound a little bit grainy. Don't know if that' intentional or not, but imo it would sound better with some higher quality samples. It's relatively easy to find some free DL sample packs around the internet. Ghosthack has some nice free ones I think. Just be careful for malicious links and viruses

Thanks
    I won't comment on the mix as Vvaldo had that covered but style- wise this is really good, don't really know this genre ( big beat maybe?) but enjoyed it a lot! The sampled quote adds a bit of drama too, a good choice.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to slackoverflow For This Useful Post:

DZM

Thread Information