DZM - Full Moon

Nice! Really liking the epic feel of this one! You’re certainly exceptional when it comes to creating mood/atmosphere to your songs. Really liking the panning effect you've used for the hi-hats and for some of the percussion as well. Great sound design as usual, your mixing is pretty good here for the most part but I do feel like the kick drum at the start was a bit loud and think you could maybe add a hi-pass filter and then slowly sweep it back down until the song goes in full swing. I think aside from that, this was a great listen! :)

Thanks for sharing

Last edited:
thank you sir, high praise coming from you. in this one I made the kick kind of the centerpiece, as the track has this harder techno vibe, but I guess I get where you are coming from! thanks again!

I disagree about the kick, in fact I feel like it needs to be a bit punchier and have a little more sub to really drive the tune. Right now it's just kinda thumping, but it doesn't really DRIVE the tune, if that makes any sense. This is a pretty hip dance track, and while I feel like it drags and loses interest later, there is a lot of cool stuff here. Solid sound design and panning. I do agree with the high pass to maintain interest.

Good stuff!

Chuck E Cheese Smackdown by DICQBEATS | Dicq Beats | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Thanks man, interesting idea about the kick, I think it thumps but maybe you are right and it could do a little more.

I was hoping that the added melody in the second half of the track would add interest and emotional heft, but maybe it just takes too long to get there?

I disagree about the kick, in fact I feel like it needs to be a bit punchier and have a little more sub to really drive the tune. Right now it's just kinda thumping, but it doesn't really DRIVE the tune, if that makes any sense. This is a pretty hip dance track, and while I feel like it drags and loses interest later, there is a lot of cool stuff here. Solid sound design and panning. I do agree with the high pass to maintain interest.

Good stuff!

Chuck E Cheese Smackdown by DICQBEATS | Dicq Beats | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Hi DZM,

Yeah I agree you are awesome at creating vibes in your tracks.

But right now all the delays / reverbs are clogging up this mix like crazy. There is just way too much going on for me to enjoy it fully. That being said, it also sounds like you are on the way to becoming Beethoven of electronic music - with all your mysterious dark soundscapes. If you were to bring tighter structure and forms - as well as distinctive melodies that do not just follow the roots of the chords, but also makes the whole thing catchy, and if you were to clean up the mix from all the gates and delays and reverbs into eg 1-2 delays and 1-2 main reverb buses, i'd say you could bring this to the next level. Best

Thanks man, Beethoven... big words!

Agree the structure of this one could have been tighter, that is definitely work in progress. With regards to the delays and reverbs, in actuality there should be max four, but that is two duplicated ones with slight panning, and all are sidechained and high passed, but will double check. Thanks for listening!

Hi DZM,

Yeah I agree you are awesome at creating vibes in your tracks.

But right now all the delays / reverbs are clogging up this mix like crazy. There is just way too much going on for me to enjoy it fully. That being said, it also sounds like you are on the way to becoming Beethoven of electronic music - with all your mysterious dark soundscapes. If you were to bring tighter structure and forms - as well as distinctive melodies that do not just follow the roots of the chords, but also makes the whole thing catchy, and if you were to clean up the mix from all the gates and delays and reverbs into eg 1-2 delays and 1-2 main reverb buses, i'd say you could bring this to the next level. Best

Back