Dyro remix im working on (F4F)

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess you've been doing this music stuff for awhile now? Lol
The synths, bass and kick all sound really clearly mixed. I've doing music for years and even I'm still struggling with that. Not really sure what give as far as feedback goes, it sounds good man!
Changing the subject, I'm a little interested in what the progress is with this track? :cool:
part of a track i did for uni which im technically not allowed to post yet haha by MAKINA | Free Listening on SoundCloud

I appreciate the kind words! Yeah the kick was pretty simple, cant remember the exact samples I used cus i dont have the project open rn, but I'm pretty sure it was out of a STMPD records-style sample pack I found on youtube. grouped two of the kicks from that together and added some staged saturation, and then just some light compression on the drum bus for all the percussion. I usually have all my synths incl. basses in a group that has my final processing and a glue compressor on the end that's just SC'd to the kick. And I group my synths based on what they're doing, so besides just separating basses from my chords, or melodies, I also seperate the parts of my chords into track into stabs, arpeggios, held pads, and then I process them all as one. It's a lot easier to have control over 18 sounds seperated into 4 unified sections than it is to process 18 sounds at once, which is what I did for the track you asked abt (which I'll link down below). and yeah, probably since I was 14-ish, I'm 19 rn, but I took a massive break for a couple years whilst I figured personal stuff out, so I've recently gotten back to producing after about 2 years, of what was pretty much nothing. I guess being a synthesiser and MaxMSP nerd has its upsides in helping keep the cogs alive though hehe

anyways, here's the ole track --> Sea Of Voices by MAKINA | Free Listening on SoundCloud

I appreciate the kind words! Yeah the kick was pretty simple, cant remember the exact samples I used cus i dont have the project open rn, but I'm pretty sure it was out of a STMPD records-style sample pack I found on youtube. grouped two of the kicks from that together and added some staged saturation, and then just some light compression on the drum bus for all the percussion. I usually have all my synths incl. basses in a group that has my final processing and a glue compressor on the end that's just SC'd to the kick. And I group my synths based on what they're doing, so besides just separating basses from my chords, or melodies, I also seperate the parts of my chords into track into stabs, arpeggios, held pads, and then I process them all as one. It's a lot easier to have control over 18 sounds seperated into 4 unified sections than it is to process 18 sounds at once, which is what I did for the track you asked abt (which I'll link down below). and yeah, probably since I was 14-ish, I'm 19 rn, but I took a massive break for a couple years whilst I figured personal stuff out, so I've recently gotten back to producing after about 2 years, of what was pretty much nothing. I guess being a synthesiser and MaxMSP nerd has its upsides in helping keep the cogs alive though hehe

anyways, here's the ole track --> Sea Of Voices by MAKINA | Free Listening on SoundCloud

19! Well now I really feel like I suck at music! I'm in my 30's now and never even heard of something called a daw until my early 20's. Never really took it serious until I was like 28 or so. Always figured becoming successful in music was about as likely as winning the lottery, when it comes down to experience and how much you really want to make a living by doing it. Btw, Sea Of Voices is a pretty cool track. The synths actually give it a really soothing sound. Thanks for sharing the song! Separating your synths based on their frequencies is a pretty good idea actually, and I can hear it really paid off with the overall mix. I'll actually try doing that myself, instead of mixing them all separately or one at a time like I do now.
But keep up what you're doing now, and you'll definitely get to a point where you'll be able to make a living off creating music. :)

Back