In The Dusk [Progressive House] FEEDBACK WANTED!

During your break that starts at 1:00 and continues to 1:30, try using some more reverb/delay to fill in those spaces around the piano and bass line. It sounds a little empty there and reverb/delay can really help those chords to sound bigger and more present in the mix. I typically include some transitional sound effects during similar parts in my tracks to indicate to the audience that something is about to happen. Then after you drop out of the beat at 1:00, include some sort of effect (white noise or a pad/lead of some sort) that has a good amount of rev./delay on it and allow it to bleed over into that part of the song. Modulating the pitch of an SFX is another trick used all the time by different artists to make a build up sound more climactic. It's a good track though with a lot of potential, keep working on it and post again so I can look at what changes you made!

Escape Velocity (Original) by ToothandnaiL | Toothandnai L | Free Listening on SoundCloud

I love this track, the bass sounds great.

At 2:30 when it goes quiet, it goes quiet for a bit too long, almost feels like the song has already ended. Add some effects that suggest that something else is coming or make the quiet space shorter.

Add more layers to your sounds to make them sound a bit thicker.

Adding more atmospheric effect and pads in the intro section to make it sound less empty can improve the song for sure.

Hope any of this helps. :)

Back