Downtempo Deep house / Bass house track - Would love your feedback!

Yellit

Hey all - I've put together another track. This one is a little slower, sits at 120 and I guess is a bass-y house / kind deep house? (I can never fit my own music into a genre). I'd love to hear your feedback on this one. This one was a big of a struggle for me, and I really had to force myself to finish it. I was struggling especially with the break / build sections, as well as getting vocals to work.

Any tips or advice you might have, or general feedback would be much appreciated!

Cheers

Dance With Me by Yellit | Free Listening on SoundCloud

This is a really cool song. Id def say deep house or bass house also, but just like you said its pretty hard labeling it. I like the groove and that main bassline is nice and clubby for sure, but I wanted to hear more bass haha, but that may be just my taste as a bass artist XD. It also seemed a little quiet, I had to turn up my volume to really get a good hear of the mix in detail. The vocals fit pretty nicely so Id say you nailed that, the buildups are pretty good, but the breaks do seems a little too much of a break almost? haha idk it seemed like it lost a little momentum, maybe keep the hats going through the break, or put a few more snaps in to keep the time and rhythm going. Super cool song otherwise :D

The song is clean, well produced. I'm not into Deep House but this one gave me the good goosebumps, specially when I heard how you implemented the cowbell and the snaps. Pretty Cool!

Thanks heaps HngR! I went back and referenced the loudness against a couple, raised it up a couple of notches! Thanks for the suggestion for the breaks, definitely was losing some momentum. Appreciate the feedback man!

The song is clean, well produced. I'm not into Deep House but this one gave me the good goosebumps, specially when I heard how you implemented the cowbell and the snaps. Pretty Cool!

Thanks for listening man! Appreciate the comments

Back