"Distortion", my second track.

Juneau

Hey community,

Here I'd like to "represent" my second track called Distortion. I've read the comments on my previous post and I have been playing around with the tools in the program a lot. Thanks! This track will eventually come with vocals too.

Advice, critique, tips, anything is very much welcome.

Thank you in advance,
Juneau.

I like the melody, and the overall idea for the track. To me, there is no real separation between the buildup and the drop which takes away a lot of energy from the drop. A simple volume automation that gradually reduces the volume by 3dB or so over 4 bars before the drop and then bring it back up to normal level right as the drop hits. You could also try using a high pass on your master chain to do the same thing as the volume automation. It will take some of the bass end out and make your drop seem much bigger when it kicks in. Make sure these automations reset back to their original points when the drop hits though! You could also make a little 1 bar fill before the drop because I feel it comes too quick after the buildup. Cheers!! DJDJ

Hi Juneau,
Interesting track. I especially liked the opening, atmospheric and melodic. I concur w DJDJ that the drop could have more impact, and I would also perhaps seek to layer the drop synth? I sounds a bit thin to me and maybe it could sound bigger. Not sure of course if that would be what ur looking for if u want to add vocals etc. Finally, the four to the floor in the drop was a bit disorienting for me, but that may just be personal. Keep it up!

Back