[deephouse] LWJ - You

localspace

Here's a little moody deephouse thing I put together today. There's no arrangement so far, just loops I'm triggering in and out.
The mix probably needs a lot of work still, but I'll update this topic as I go along.

Enjoy!

Yes! New version up now.. it's not downloadable yet, because it's not finished.. but I made a start with an arrangement, refinements to the mix and more dub.
While trying to keep things minimal.. well, for me at least.

Look forward to listening and minimalism is only as good or as bad as the skill of the musician behind it.

New day.. new version! Hopefully with a much better, rebalanced, smoother mix this time. Next step is probably refine the arrangement some more.

enjoy

I agree with you concerning the refining of the arrangement. No clear structure is a bit confusing for me!
But I really like your kick. And your sound is really clear and wide. Well done!
(Did I already bump on you on IDM Forums???)

Here is some Techno : Something About The Music

Thanks for the kind words. I'm not on IDMforums, although I do have an account there.. just never did anything with it.
I'm glad you think it sounds clean and wide, that's exactly what I'm going for and I feel I've really improved my mixing tremendously in the past couple of months.
It's like day and night compared to last year, lol. Glad to see that confirmed!

The recipe for the kick is incredibly simple:
-Use a drumsynth, not a sample (48khz/32bit)
-Saturate/excite
-EQ
-Transient shaper, no compressor

I only compress the drum bus slightly with a tube compressor and there's another on the master bus. They're more there for more saturation/colouring than actual dynamics management.
I also like to use tape emulation on drums if I want a more cutting, harsher sound... but I have a new tube compressor VST I wanted to try out.

Thanks for checking!

Awesome, thanks!.. I think you actually listened the old track in my signature.. I see that the actual link is broken :)

Back