deep/ tech house track - feedback wanted p2 - F4F

totta

Hey, i posted up a tune a few days ago which got some great feedback/ areas to improve:

too repetitive
too much bass, sidechain more
too much is in stereo
increase mastering quality

I have made quite a few changes based on that feedback and would like to hear how they have gone down. As per usual, i will return any feedback i receive :)

https://soundcloud.com/jamestottakai/ileftherforberlin/s-VaX09

Thanks

Last edited:
I think this track would benefit from additional sounds during the build ups. I like the beat as it is now, but I believe there is some work to be done. Try adding some sort of synthetic bassline and side chain that with the kick drums. The drums themselves are nice and are good where they are.

I do believe too much of the mix is in stereo and prob would not sound too well on mono club speakers. Don't worry though, I have the same problem with my tracks haha. Other than that, it's good. I think you fixed the repetitive and bass parts. Mastering to me is pretty good, could be better but as of right now it's fine. Good job homie.

Here's my track. It has some EDM influences, let me know what you think!

I think this track would benefit from additional sounds during the build ups. I like the beat as it is now, but I believe there is some work to be done. Try adding some sort of synthetic bassline and side chain that with the kick drums. The drums themselves are nice and are good where they are

@Kizthe13th Thanks for the crit. You have an interesting idea here, but just to clarify, you're thinking i should add a new bass part (only?)during the breakdown/ buildup and sidechain that with the kick. Is that to add in a deeper layer during the those parts as you think its lacking lower end here or am i off the mark? cheers

hey thanks for reviewing my stuff, heres what i think of your track:
-i really like the randomness feeling in the track, especially in the breaks where the notes slowly start to take more presence
-the bass is well mixed but i have to agree with klzthe13th about the stereo mix, sometimes i feel like some low freq are not in mono
-i think that if you work a little bit more on this, you can make your mix sound a little bit more clean, but this is just my humble opinion :)
Good work!! and keep producing :cheers:

Hey dude,
I really like the breakdown at 3:00 when your higher plucky synth starts going a bit nuts. Maybe you should in those sections with the plucky synth going crazy, experiment with lowering the volume on the synth a bit when the note frequency really start increasing. At the moment its completely overpowering, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. But its creating a lot of mud in the mix with the kick and bass still going on underneath. The mix is sounding very clean though, great track. You could probably afford to get a bit more volume out of it on the master, but don't sacrifice much dynamic range, I think this song needs it.
Here's my song if you can have a listen :)
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...feedback-needed-all-feedback-returned-501362/

Back