[Deep / Soulful House] Need More Ears - Work In Progress

djdazznj

Just looking for a few more unbiased ears and some feedback. I know my style of old folks deep & soulful NYC house isn't exactly the flavor of the month in this sub-forum, it can be long and seem repetitive with the slow gradual transitions. Nevertheless you all were extremely helpful with the last submission I made here.

This is my instrumental arranged around an old acappella to see how a male spoken word vocal would sit on it. I think I am pretty close to where I want it to be. However, I do plan on automating some filter sweeps on the bright synth parts to give them some more motion. I look forward to all your feedback.

https://soundcloud.com/djdazznj/walkingdeep/s-OYFlj

very smooth, very well mixed. This track is really high quality. Only bit i didnt love was the repeat "i wanna see you wave your hands", which feels a bit cheesy imo, its just not as cool as the rest (personal taste). I also would like to hear an autopan across the synth which comes in around 2:35, feels like it would help add width there.

As i said before, this track is really nice, id love to hear it in a club. Great work!

please check out my track if you get a chance :)
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...-tech-house-track-feedback-wanted-f4f-512393/

cheers

This track is really mixed. I am really into that chilled soulful sound so its definitely my cuppa. I really like the keys in the track that comes in around the minute mark, sounds great. The only thing I didn't like is the repeat of let me see you wave your hands, but that's just my taste and opinion.

i like your beat. the drums feel very much alive. good job on the mix.
the the pad synth is great. and the vocal are awesome!.
real chill out material! good job!

would be cool if you could listen to my newest track aswell. its in my signature! thanks!

Only bit i didnt love was the repeat "i wanna see you wave your hands", which feels a bit cheesy imo, its just not as cool as the rest (personal taste). I also would like to hear an autopan across the synth which comes in around 2:35, feels like it would help add width there.

The only thing I didn't like is the repeat of let me see you wave your hands, but that's just my taste and opinion.

The vocal is the one thing that wont be sticking around in the final track, it's really just a placeholder so I could get the levels roughed out around a vocal piece. That was Mr. V - H.O.U.S.E. (Acapella Mix) off his Tales From The Deepside EP from 2008. Mr. V (4) - Tales From The Deepside EP (File, MP3) at Discogs

It is going to a friend of mine (college professor, author and poet) with significantly more lyrical, vocal style and substance than I am capable of spitting.

The idea for the pan on that synth is excellent! I am going to jump on that as soon as my kids' homework is done (and check out you guys' tracks). Thanks!!!

Back