Deep-House beat (F4F)

Hey man, this is really nice. It sounds great melodically. The instruments sound really good to. Make it into a full track! I feel like the mix is a TINY bit off, I think it might possibly need a bit of a high mids boost overall or something. It didn't sound muddy at all, just not quite as crisp as it could be I think. Good stuff!

Hey man, this is really nice. It sounds great melodically. The instruments sound really good to. Make it into a full track! I feel like the mix is a TINY bit off, I think it might possibly need a bit of a high mids boost overall or something. It didn't sound muddy at all, just not quite as crisp as it could be I think. Good stuff!

Yeah, i have to agree.
Think i might add some extra instruments with more crisp high end to it.

Thanks for letting me know.

I agree with the above that the mid level EQ band has a lot of room to be explored here. Part of the bass is sitting there, but there's a whole octave and a half that could be filled in.

The thing I almost always make sure to do is when I'm looking at all my midi channels together that I've got something sitting in each octave. My pads will often appear in the 3/4/5 octaves, bass will sit in 0/1/2, and leads and synths will sit in 4/5, sometimes 2/3 depending on how the instruments sound.

That may not help much if your production is sample-driven, but a good multimeter (or even just a look at the EQ plugs showing what's high and low can help).

If you google which octaves correspond to each EQ band you should find hits in minutes that can help in sample based production.

I'd love to hear this as a full track with that mid range filled. Lots of promise here.

Cheers!

Back