Daley - Time Travel Vocal Remix (Progressive House) - F4F

Yea, it's definitely some kind of chillish mix. It was really fun to work on. Thanks a bunch guys, I appreciate the words (and the follow, Mandarin!)

I'll give you both a listen tonight.

Hey dude. Thanks for the feedback on my track, it means a lot!

And of course i got time to listen to your track.

I really like this track. It got this smooth chill vibe! I do not have so much technical knowledge, so I can't really say something about the track itself, but it sounded magical in my ears though.

Keep up the good work man!

Thanks for sharing, very cool track! Enjoyed the intro a lot. Loving the chill vibe. Very nice stereo spread as well. My main suggestion would be to add a lower end kick sample to give the kick more presence. You could also try sidechaining the rest of the track more aggressively to the kick. The vocals are great, very relaxing. Keep up the excellent work! :)

Appreciate your feedback as well: https://soundcloud.com/showclothes/estelle-american-boy-show-clothes-remix

Thanks for the feed guys I still don't think I've gotten 100% comfortable with working a kick in properly because I've gotten that specific feedback a lot in most of my tracks. But everytime I add some low end weight to the kick, I lose headroom. So I guess I've gotta just keep experimenting.

I'll be sure to leave feed for you guys, thanks a bunch!

Really like the chillout atmosphere. And good sound quality. And I think the kick shouldn't be much heavier in a chillout mix, so I like it. In general good drum work...

Thanks for the feed guys I still don't think I've gotten 100% comfortable with working a kick in properly because I've gotten that specific feedback a lot in most of my tracks. But everytime I add some low end weight to the kick, I lose headroom. So I guess I've gotta just keep experimenting.

I'll be sure to leave feed for you guys, thanks a bunch!

Well that's the idea of the kick ;). That's why you put the kick. Not only to give you tempo, but to distract :) and give like a base surface.
This is not a progressive house song :). More like a chillout.
In progressive house there is a main chords sound that is being compressed by the kick. Usually pad like. I don't know if I am explaining it right, but basically when the kick comes it is decompressed and when it's not there it's compressed. That gives the song a feeling like the melody and chords are a sequel of the kick. Interesting feel and I love it. With your track the main synth is gated, but not according to the kick. That's why it doesn't sound like progressive house, but like chill/lounge.
Oh and did I say it's great? ;)

Well that's the idea of the kick ;). That's why you put the kick. Not only to give you tempo, but to distract :) and give like a base surface.
This is not a progressive house song :). More like a chillout.
In progressive house there is a main chords sound that is being compressed by the kick. Usually pad like. I don't know if I am explaining it right, but basically when the kick comes it is decompressed and when it's not there it's compressed. That gives the song a feeling like the melody and chords are a sequel of the kick. Interesting feel and I love it. With your track the main synth is gated, but not according to the kick. That's why it doesn't sound like progressive house, but like chill/lounge.
Oh and did I say it's great? ;)

Haha I think you mean the way it was sidechained? I didn't really use too much for this track, so maybe that's why it sounds like that. But yea, thanks a bunch man, glad you liked it :D

Back