Constellation (Original)

I'm starting to devote more time and resources to creating downtempo tracks such as this one. I'm trying to combine evolving melodies, heavy bass and elements of big-room house in order to make the mix more dynamic and compelling.

Everything but the intro yes :) The intro sounds too disharmonic and arhythmic for me to enjoy. Would love some more decorations.

-- Ghosts

Last edited:
I like the feel of this track, what kind of bass did you use for the bassline?

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm probably going to cut the intro in half to speed it along. The main reason I included that intro with the main lead synths was to condition the audience for the next break in the track in which I bring those melodic elements to their full glory. I thought the intro would help to make the main melodic break later on make more 'sense' to the audience. Thanks a bunch for the feedback though!

I used a preset from Strobe 2 called 'BA Bazz DC' which is a nice robust plucky bass than can have a lot of presence if tweaked and mixed in the right way. Play around with the MOD and AMP ADSR envelopes to achieve a nice balance between the transient, the body and the release. It's akin to shaping your kick to have the right ratio of frequency content and amplitude for the transient (for higher freq. impact), the body (for mid presence) and the tail ( for low-sub presence). I hope this helps. PM me if you have any other questions or simply want to go into more detail about this.

Back