Chill track, feels included. Would love some feedback

Hey !

I do not like to criticise finished songs but i listened to your other tracks as well. Imo your tracks need more dynamic movement in your arrangement, ideas are promising. I like that you experiment with different styles. Keep it up !

Rain,

Rain Oun - YouTube

Thank you for taking the time to listen , what exactly do you mean by dynamic movement? like low mids and highs or ?

Hey Sanko

I meant arrangement dynamics. Layering, velocity, filters, little filling effects and automations kind of transition the plain idea into a full song. when talking about piano roll editing i feel like your most melodies and drums are too "safe" and need more layering and movement. You can try arping melodies as fillers too. Arp kind of fills all that blank space between your main lead and chords. Its not dominating in a song but is just there in the background and gives more movement to a song. All the chords should be layered. Drums are not that hard to make dynamic cause most people are using samples and adding all these clicks, hats etc. Automation is crucial for energy transistioning. You need more synths to make automations effective. Do not be shy adding more tracks and layering stuff. Just keep it in balance. Most of these things come with try and error method anyway and just making more songs. Making mistakes and doing better with next songs. Cheers !

Rain,

Hello!

This is exactly what I wanted to say.
Listen to songs like Avicii - Lay Me Down and just observe how the energy flows and how the synths are structured.

I did like the songwriting. Like Driben pointed about the melodies and drums sound too safe, but you could make it not so safe by simply using hits and shots off beats and adding some arps like he told...

Kïde

Hey !

I do not like to criticise finished songs but i listened to your other tracks as well. Imo your tracks need more dynamic movement in your arrangement, ideas are promising. I like that you experiment with different styles. Keep it up !

Rain,

Hey Sanko

I meant arrangement dynamics. Layering, velocity, filters, little filling effects and automations kind of transition the plain idea into a full song. when talking about piano roll editing i feel like your most melodies and drums are too "safe" and need more layering and movement. You can try arping melodies as fillers too. Arp kind of fills all that blank space between your main lead and chords. Its not dominating in a song but is just there in the background and gives more movement to a song. All the chords should be layered. Drums are not that hard to make dynamic cause most people are using samples and adding all these clicks, hats etc. Automation is crucial for energy transistioning. You need more synths to make automations effective. Do not be shy adding more tracks and layering stuff. Just keep it in balance. Most of these things come with try and error method anyway and just making more songs. Making mistakes and doing better with next songs. Cheers !

Rain,

Back