'Childhood' - electro/prog. house by Rich Parents with Emo Kids

RPEK

Moon Balcony

just released this on Rich Parents with Emo Kids!

I didn't get it to sound as crisp and tight as I wanted, but damn I loved composing the melodies and editing samples. I'm also very happy with the fill ins and bass layers.
Hope someone likes it <3

Hi Vvaldo,

It's a different kind of track, not my kind of thing but it seems very well executed, I did find myself seeing the fun in it as it went on and the playfulness of how you tweaked the melody fitted the theme. I suppose the only thing I could say is that when you introduce the bass riff on its own for one repetition it's probably a bit more aggressive than the rest of the track, very small thing really and might be straying into matters of taste! The samples work, you could maybe have introduced some more and then extended the track if you wanted...

The whole track seems really nice. I agree with slackoverflow's point on the bass fill before the drop being to aggressive. I believe it needs more sub-bass, and maybe the whole thing needs to be louder and brighter.

Hi Vvaldo,

It's a different kind of track, not my kind of thing but it seems very well executed, I did find myself seeing the fun in it as it went on and the playfulness of how you tweaked the melody fitted the theme. I suppose the only thing I could say is that when you introduce the bass riff on its own for one repetition it's probably a bit more aggressive than the rest of the track, very small thing really and might be straying into matters of taste! The samples work, you could maybe have introduced some more and then extended the track if you wanted...

Thank you a lot for listening. Taste is a big thing! I'm really struggling to find one specific genre that I want to produce in. But I'm actually having so much fun producing any genre, and I really enjoy this track personally. Totally agree, the bass fill is extreme haha. But it's a bit funny so I kept it.
Thanks for the comment <3

The whole track seems really nice. I agree with slackoverflow's point on the bass fill before the drop being to aggressive. I believe it needs more sub-bass, and maybe the whole thing needs to be louder and brighter.

Thanks a lot man! It's quite subby in my headphones, and also loud. If you check the mix on soundcloud, it's louder, since youtube normalized it a bit. But you might be right, maybe I'm too gentle with the sub. May I ask how you listened to the track?

Thanks again for listening and commenting mate.

Thanks a lot man! It's quite subby in my headphones, and also loud. If you check the mix on soundcloud, it's louder, since youtube normalized it a bit. But you might be right, maybe I'm too gentle with the sub. May I ask how you listened to the track?

I also listened on my headphones.

Very playful and creative :) I agree with the other posters that the bass before the drop seems to stand out a bit too much and potentially (but not necessarily) the mix could be a little bit wider. However, well done and I like the fact that you have produced something a bit out of the ordinary!

Its so weird :-) I mean this in the best of ways. Somehow I'd wish the sound was a bit fuller? This is somewhat fixed around 2:30 when this bassline comes in, but when I listen to just the synth somehow it feels not 100% complete. Is there a sub bass in here that I am missing?
I like that there is more progression in the song, you are playing around with the sample and taking the listener along with you. Like with the last track, I feel that you have so much creativity that you can expand the track beyond the 3 minutes that you have here, but, there are definite benefits to being brief! Keep it up mate!

Back