Chicago inspired house [feed back please]

Keitomine

I was working on some trance stuff and discovered a bassline by accident, and decided to give this a whirl. I wanted to try something new and sample some vengeance vocals, and use some fills, as I'm doing the same in the trance track I'm working on.

Last edited:
I love the percussion in the first 30 seconds, did you do this yourself or are they loop samples?
The bassline is great. Really heavy and wide sounding. I'm not sure about the higher sounds introduced at 1.30 and again at 1.53, they don't really suit the song. They sound more trancey and 90s whereas the rest of the song sounds like a very modern house track - unless you where going for that old skool sound, in which case I'd advise introducing those trancey plucks much earlier on, perhaps in the intro, so they're not a shock to the system half way through the drop.

Overall, really nice work. I've heard the vocal samples a few times before, but that's okay. They work nicely here.

If you wouldn't mind, you can return feedback here: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...-zane-t-remix-grab-your-free-copy-now-501875/

Cheers! Look forward to hearing more work from you.

It's a combination of a premade loop and my own. I generally have a good and easy time making a drum loops for house, it's actually one of my favorite things to do. But I added a premade loop under it to add some groovy support. Maybe I should have added the plucks in a bit early, maybe low pass them in or something. I'll take your advice into account and make some modifications.

As far as the sound goes, I was going for like a deep house type of sound, while sticking to the simplicity of old school house by utilizing a heavy bassline. Thanks for the feed back though. I'll give you track a listen!

Nice groovy track man! I like the drums. I like trance plucks. At first listen it did sound out of place for this track specifically but its still fitting. If it were me I would have added a basic sidechained high string or pad over it and call it a day lol.

Back