Cheated [original mix] chillstep F4F!!!

dARTfader

Hi,

Since yesterday i got myself using Sonarworks Reference 4 to calibrate my studio. Since i produce in the livingroom and do not have a treated room, i figured it
was time to calibrate my speakers. WOW! The result is that my speakers, KRK Rokit 5, suddenly appear to be 8000 dollar speakers. I have a flat eq-curve now and
finally my mixes sound as good on other peoples speakers as they do in my studio. I would highly recommend it to anyone, even the guys who have treated rooms....

Now, here is a chillstep track i made. My first project using sonarworks reference 4. Be the judge yourself....
i would appreciate a little feedback and will return a favor in return.

Cheers,
TMD

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]TMD - Cheated [original Mix] by Manic Maniacs | Free Listening on SoundCloud[/FONT]

Hey TMD, thats definitely something I want to try out now seeing as I normally try to get the best mix through trying various headphones and speakers while trying to get that final sound!

Loving the song, gives me nostalgia of UKF sounds back in the day. The mix definitely comes across as clean too.

You can find my latest tune in my signature - not normally an edm producer but wanted to try something new.

Hi WillisMixes,

Yeah, Sonarworks ref 4 really helps. I was struggeling in the lower frequencies between 100 and 200hz because my speakers had a 12 db boost in this area, so i Always cutted out those frequencies, resulting in a bad
mix on other speakers. I like your track. Reminds me that i need to do breakbeat someday too. The title says it all, "something new" hehe.

Keep up the good works,
TMD

Hi people, i updated the track a bit. Using Maxxbass now and BASSROOM for better low end. I am mastering with Ozone 9. It's really easy to reference to a certain genre with tonal control 2.
If you feel something is stil wrong with the track, let me know, so i can change it. Thanks, i will give some tips on your track too, just ask for it....

Cheers,
TMD

Back