Broken Symmetry (Original)

I'm going for a more relaxing and tranquil soundscape that can, through certain modulations, ramp up and create really compelling swells and climaxes. I'm thinking that if those two aspects (relaxing soundscape and intense builds) can be effectively juxtaposed, each will make the other a little more emphatic because of the stark contrast. Anyways, let me know what you think and be sure to leave a link for the track you would like me to critique in your comment!

I like your thinking on combining the various atmospheric elements and I think the synths (especially the descending syth) and percussive hits work really well. The snare seems a little dry, maybe could be switched out with something a bit crisper. I think overall it's pretty solid.

Thanks for the input! The snare is a little weak at times, perhaps some saturation could give it some more presence. Post a link for a track you'd like me to critique.

This is a really cool track and a good use of contrast for sure. I also liked the pads and layers used to fill out the sound.

Keep it up!

Thank you JKillz. Everything is always a work in progress!! The articles written by you on your website are great and really informative!

Last edited:
That is very kind of you. I plan to expand on the content side a bit more, kind of testing the waters currently. Hopefully I can get a bunch more articles and some vids up in the future.

Thank you Rizing Noah. Feel free to post a link to one of your tracks that you'd like me to critique. Or just post a link to your profile page.

Back