Breakbeat DnB [Survive]

Love some breakbeat stuff =) Havn't listened to this genre in a while so my feedback might be slight off tho.
I think the major thing to work on is the heart of the track which is the beat, right now it's lacking seperation between the kick and the snares so it all sounds quite messy and doesn't give that pulsing beat if you know what i mean.
So maybe you could try enhance the kick and try lowering the snares, so the kick gets more presence when it hits.

Love the autopan! However, it lacks a cohesive beat. Idk if the mix is just muddy, but the kicks and the snares in the beat just aren't there for me. What I love most about breakbeat is how crisp the drums are, but I am just not getting that in this track.

Hi Vulp, I'm not really familiar with this genre so similar to Aslin my feedback might be wide of the mark, it kind of reminds me of drill-n-bass/Venetian Snares but with the madness a bit toned down! The snare isn't a great sound for me, maybe needs some FX to give it some variety and perhaps tone it down a fraction. I think the slightly dissonant melody could do with being pumped up a bit in the mix as it introduces a lot of tension. Agreed with Aslin on the kick, I nearly missed it as it was toned down, maybe that's the style I don't know!

You are all right =) (especially the autopan-part. Loved that one so much, i read it twice <3 ) Thanks for ur feedback :D

- The kick is indeed almost non existing. Normally i use my Sparkle or my Drum-Samples in the DAW for my Drums but this time i used a breakbeat loop(s) (SHAME! SHAME!) to make it all a bit easier for...

- the friend from a bit further away who visited me for some days and... let´s call it... "influenced" the whole Project ^^ I can tell u alone from hearing because of the general sound style (and amount of rescueing reverb xD) which of my tracks i have made with at least one person surrounding me ^^"
I´m sure at least one dude here knows these kind of sessions im talking about ^^ "Just put all that shit into it cuz it sounds all great xD" (Never dare to delete their favourite synth-track. Problem: they all are :D)

- at the end i keep it anyway :D And as someone who´s a lot into Boom-Bap and Jungle i accept the muddy Lo-Fi (not that Emo-Music) sound as somekind of.... art-style? ^^ So i don´t see it as annoying or something like that ^^"

- But mostly im just too lazy to render and upload again and again... Mostly not with MY Laptop, trust me (god bless abletons track-freeze) :rolleyes:

I´m really thankful for ur opinions =)

Last edited:
Back