A Blissful Progressive House Track

ryancossoff

Hey everyone here, I just wanted to post my latest track in the hopes of meeting some like-minded producers. People with more classic sensibilities in electronic music. This track is something I made recently, really exploring hypnotic progressive atmospheres. Wished I switched up the kick though. Anyways if I could receive some feedback I would greatly appreciate it. Feel free to message me as well. Thanks.

Super mellow, definitely has a classic feel. I could be wrong but the kick does kind of seem out of tune maybe? idk haha, I know you said you wished you changed it. The melodies are really nice and soothing. A couple of the background noises I kind of thought were a haaiir too quiet or maybe the lfo tool was just hitting them. Regardless its a really nice song. Cheers!

Really cool track - i like the chilled and hypnotic vibe.. i think you nailed that. the almost choir-esque vibe the leads give off is really cool.

As for the kick - it does sound a little "dumpy" - not sure if that means to you what I'm trying to say, but you can look at how you EQ'd it, look at making a cut around the 250-400hz mark, and see if that takes out the boomy/echoy feeling it has. Sometimes I just take a tight cut and move up the spectrum from about 100hz, and you find what sounds good taken out. The transient can also be a huge factor in how the kick translates, so you can try auditioning a bunch or taking one from a song similar that already works. Cheers man, good stuff

Thank you mate. I totally feel the "dumpy" descriptor. I just picked the wrong sample I think. The body of the kick was too high up the spectrum to really fit into the mix well. I think a sample with a body more in the low end would have been a better start. In my experience picking the right, or at least as close as possible, sample from the get go is the most important thing. I remember Porter Robinson saying how when he was young he used to try to eq samples to death trying to fix them in the mix, but eventually he realized if he spent more time in auditioning samples that fit better his music improved. Patience in production is key haha but sometimes hard to obey.

Appreciate it mate! Yes I think the consensus is the kick is trash haha. Just another thing to take of note of on the next one.

Classic Progressive feeling! nice! but in my opinion the kick could be different because this one sounds a little bit off for me...

Back