Awake - Looking for Feeback

Hey

I like your choice of instruments. Nice synths, bass, drums and that white noise. I also like the structure of the song.
However, the main synth melody is slightly awkward in my opinion. It flows weirdly and sort of doesn't want to stick in my head if you know what I mean? It feels like it's going in different directions every time and it's hard to tune in to. I guess it's a matter of taste anyway.

Furthermore, I'm not a mastering god, but the track sounds a little bit over compressed. I think it's because you tried to make it very loud - and it's pretty damn loud!

Good job in general!

This is really good and with just a few minor tweaks it can go to another level. I also liked the vibe and mood set by this track. I am thinking, as mentioned above, it might be a bit squashed. It takes away some of the dynamics when this happens and makes the individual components stand out less. The main synth is awesome, but the melody seems to stray from the root for too long (I am no expert) and you way want to simplify that. Repetition used carefully creates the earworm (sticks the song in your head). You can take some of the progression and break it out in a more simplified manor for the listener.

But yea, this was super cool, I enjoyed it in the end :)

Last edited:
Hey

I like your choice of instruments. Nice synths, bass, drums and that white noise. I also like the structure of the song.
However, the main synth melody is slightly awkward in my opinion. It flows weirdly and sort of doesn't want to stick in my head if you know what I mean? It feels like it's going in different directions every time and it's hard to tune in to. I guess it's a matter of taste anyway.

Furthermore, I'm not a mastering god, but the track sounds a little bit over compressed. I think it's because you tried to make it very loud - and it's pretty damn loud!

Good job in general!
Yeah I'm currently coming off nasty flu/virus that keeps making my ears close. Probably explains the loudness. Lol
As for the melody, I just got tired of making the same repetitive 4 bar loops that I hear in every song, so figured I'd try something new. I changed that melody around so many times, but I know what you mean. I feel like it goes off the tracks here and there a little as well. Thanks for the feedback buddy!

Nice tune. The synth reminds me of an 80s Samurai film style song.
Haha Thanks dude!

This is really good and with just a few minor tweaks it can go to another level. I also liked the vibe and mood set by this track. I am thinking, as mentioned above, it might be a bit squashed. It takes away some of the dynamics when this happens and makes the individual components stand out less. The main synth is awesome, but the melody seems to stray from the root for too long (I am no expert) and you way want to simplify that. Repetition used carefully creates the earworm (sticks the song in your head). You can take some of the progression and break it out in a more simplified manor for the listener.

But yea, this was super cool, I enjoyed it in the end :)
I get what you're saying. I feel like this song might've had too much of the wrong kind of repetition. Lol
I'll tinker around with it and see if I can make that melody flow a little more naturally. And clean up some of the synths. Maybe that'll help somewhat.
Thanks for the feedback man! :)

Back