Avicii - SOS (remix)

Linas

Hey my peeps! Haven't posted here in a while, and I really want to, since you guys have the best tips!

I couldn't produce for a couple of months because of some problems, but this is what I made so far. This is a remix of Avicii - SOS, and the melodies I put together with these amazing vocals!

Also, would love to hear your tips on the mixing.. Since I'm mixing on logitech z623(+-8 years old pc speakers), song sounds pretty well mixed, but for others it might be bad.. :)
My opinion - i don't really like the lead synth, but I want to find my own thing!

This is Soundcloud:
SOS by L | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Hi the music and the vocals are not feeling
like its glued together. The low end overpowers
the dynamics of the drop, which also takes
away the definition of the drums.
The synths need to be in its owns space.
Also the piano sound a bit too over compressed.

Thank you man for your tips! These tips are exactly what I need :) Maybe you have any tips on how to glue vocals with music more?

Hi sure, you can put the vocals in the space
as any one group that complements it.
Shape the mix around the vocal.
Also music with a key the also complements it.

Hey man,

I think ur really talented - I liked and subscribed to your soundcloud because I thought this mix was awesome and we share a love of Avicii's music RIP. My only tips would be about your sound choice for the drop. IMO the saw sounds a bit stiff - maybe try adding some sidechain or kickstart to it, and on the other layer try adding a second sound that can stand in its own right - following a different melody than the first layer that uses different notes from the chords - also it should be something less wobbly so that it really has power! Cheers man great music :-)

A huge thank you man for this comment! To be honest, this is what I really needed to hear, 'cause it's hard to just produce for yourself and not get any feedback on your ideas!!
Thank you man for your tips! To be honest, I didn't spend any time on lead, since I just didn't know where I wanted to go, and I had another track idea, so... :D A huge thank you once again! :)

It's so good and unique... I don't know what to say! I love that melody! I have some suggestions though:
You can change some synth sounds in drop.
Remove some effect sounds, like the one at 0:50.
Lower the note velocity of the piano.
But other than that its just brilliant! I don't know much, but I hope this helps!
:)

Back