An atmospheric tropical house

Dimos Zagaris

Zuso is a Sydney, Australian born music producer known for his blend of atmospheric tropical house and Deep House music. His new single 'Ocean Blue', contains many Deep House and tropical elements, with a free flowing melody creating a more unique atmospheric relaxing mood. You can check out his new single by clicking the links down below!

Spotify link: Ocean Blue, a song by Zuso on Spotify
Soundcloud link: Ocean Blue by ZUSO | Free Listening on SoundCloud

I love both this song and the artwork for it. It achieves a very laid back vibe in the opening, definitely a bop.

I love the beginning. The track itself has a lot of potential; but I can see a lot of aspects being improved.

As you get to 1:00 (the chorus), something is overcompressed. I think it is the kick, but it is definitely something in the lower end of the frequency.
Also, the track has this tendency to keep the energy level constant throughout different sections of the song. I think the chorus can use a little bit more energy.
The theme/melody repeats too much throughout the track. Maybe adding variations would help the staleness? As I keep listening to the track, I lost focus. There should be an element of surprise to go ahead and keep things rolling, but it feels as if this track lacks that "oomph" factor.

A lot of good things going. Keep up the good work!

Hi,

I can tell you've put a lot of effort into the mixing as it's very clean. The percussion punches through nicely and is very crisp. The instrumentation is very thoughtful, giving the track a nice mellow feel.

Like others have said, you need to change things up after the first drop, introduce a new instrument or sound. For example, you could have a breakdown just before the second drop with a string section playing the chords (just an idea). The white noise down lifter in the second drop sounds over compressed, maybe lower its level or reduce any compression on it.

Regards.

I would appreciate it if you could check out my track 'Losing My Mind', you could leave any feedback if you like ;) : Jack Alastair - 'Losing My Mind' [Future House]

Back