Atmospheric Drum and Bass! Feedback returned.

PummelVision

DAW used: FL studio
VST's used: Nexus 2 and Sytrus

The mix was pretty rough on this track, although I did like the sounds I was able to come up with. What do you guys think, any tips on how I could improve the overall mix? Such as to ramp up the bass or clear up the pads, etc.? Either way, any feedback back is appreciated and I will return the favor, thanks!

Appreciate it man, and yeah I figured the pads sounded a bit too overpowering haha. Also, I took a listen to your DnB track, had a really upbeat feel to it but I liked it nonetheless!

hey im not a fan of dnb but i really like the atmosphere and the bass in this track but i think the ambience in 2.35 is a little too loud... sorry if i made u feel bad..i recently started producing so i may not know that much.

I like the individual sounds, I like the break and I like the bass.
Some of the notes that the bass plays don't seem quite right to me? Is it just me who thinks that?
I feel like it's a very 'loopy' track... the only way you're creating variation is by bringing parts in and out, rather than varying individual parts.
I also think that sometimes your lead melodies have too many notes in: try putting in some long notes or some rests to give it more shape.

I hope I'm not being to harsh... you'll improve more this way.

Back