Ambient / Deep house / Chill / Whatever

Hey Guys,
as it worked so well for my first track, here's my second work for you to criticize. I don't really know how to label it just see for yourself.
Any feedback is appreciated, and of course i'll give your tracks a listen and an opinion too if you link them or I can find them in your signature.

Thanks in advance!

this is really cool, reminds me of R/D. Have you heard of him? If you haven't you should go check him out. keep doing what you are doing man!

This reminds me a lot of Aphex Twin. It's a very clean mix and the composition shows a good bit of creativity. The atmosphere is on point and I love the pad slides. Also, the bass sample (I think) fits perfectly for the genre. Some very good work here.

Thanks Y'all for your constructive cristicism! I really appreciate it, you made my day.
I' ll definitely try to work on the mentioned points and hope I can improve them.

Hey man, I just listened to your piece. I thought it was one of the most creative and emotional work I've ever heard in this forum. I have a couple personal recommendations in mind:

1. I would like to see a change in the kick and the claps. For example, surprise the listener with a different and punchy kick, as opposed to the current soft one. Play around with reverb'ing the kicks and claps too.
2. I know you intentionally left out a regular 4-by-4 beat, but a small section consisting of it would be a great asset to your track. Maybe even a riseup/drop section to spice it up, but that could be overkill for this particular piece.

Thanks for posting this, I enjoyed it to a great extent!

Great work! The main vox sample is pretty sick, and the synths all sound pretty mint. I feel like some modulation on the bass would be good to make it sound more natural and organic. Its too obvious its just a rigid sound with no variation. I think some velocity variation on all the intruments would be good too to add more flow and groove to it. Small things like that tend to really take tracks to the next level. The composition is very nice sounding and also interesting, so really good work on that. Anyway keep up the good work.
Please have a listen to my new song!

Again thanks a lot for your amazing feedback and the new perspective on my own work. I will definitely try and implement your points in this one and later songs.
I also listened to your track "Hektic Sounds", but I'm a stranger to this type of genre so I don't really think I can help you that much with, although I enjoyed it!

Hey, I'm coming from my EP thread. Thanks for the feedback.

The strong points of this track are the melodies! I really like them. The synths are really warm and uplifting. The sliding melody is really cool!
I would enhance the beat a little more with better sounding drums. The drums and rhythm need some work (I recommend getting a drum pack from a producer like evil needle), but with that aside the melodies are really wonderful! You've done really good work on this track.

Last edited:
hi, returning feedback :)

composition-wise it's really cool, relaxing, with nice melodies and enough variations, and I dig the ending, simple, yet so magical for me

mixing could be better though, I feel like that hihat thing that starts at 1:35 could be a bit quiter

also in the "loud" parts (0:30/1:30/2:50..), where the piano and choir hits, it feels somewhat overcompressed or badly compressed or just badly mixed (or maybe soundcloud's compression destroyed it, dunno)... you know, there's that kind of unpleasant pumping which prevents me from fully enjoying the song .

Really, really digging this track op - loving all of the different instruments you gradually integrate. Some things I noticed that could perhaps use some work imho:

- The kick gets lost in the mix sometimes (as other people have said). It's a good rule of thumb to have the kick be the loudest thing in your mix. Some more aggressive compression could help its transient pop out a bit more
- The atmospheric pad which comes in around 3:22 has a resonant frequency in it that's really audible, especially around 3:27-onward. Might be a good idea to EQ that frequency out so it's not ringing out so profoundly.

Great work overall!

The bass line is great, do not touch it. Guitar reverb sounds nice, I think the vox/vocals could be wider. The high hats you have in the track do not really do much in the track, perhaps you should change the way they sound, make them sound more open if that makes sense. The stop at :45 is good, I just think you brought it in a little too early. 1:02, wavy. 2:06, that is also wavy. If i may ask, what vst did you use to make that vox sound? That is my favorite pattern through out the entire track. This honestly sounds like something I would listen to, I just think It needs a little bit more work, it has a lot of potential. Nice oceanic vibe you got going on, good to see i am not the only one going for that. keep it up

If you have the time please check out my track , thank you.
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...e-house-dance/beach-vibe-531434/#post50030645

Back