Advice needed

i loooooove this!! Right up my alley as far as what I like listening to right now, it sounds like lo-fi but it's not as stagnant as most lo-fi tracks I listen to. Almost feels like I'm tripping hahaha, work on your mixing. Seperate the lows from the mids from the highs, get a crisper sound, and this track would be on the next level.

i loooooove this!! Right up my alley as far as what I like listening to right now, it sounds like lo-fi but it's not as stagnant as most lo-fi tracks I listen to. Almost feels like I'm tripping hahaha, work on your mixing. Seperate the lows from the mids from the highs, get a crisper sound, and this track would be on the next level.

Thanks! Could you please elaborate on what you mean with separate lows, mids, and highs?

Last edited:
yeah! so use an eq on your pianos, leads, and anything that's not your kick or a bass and put a high-pass filter on it to leave some room for the bass and the kick. On FL studio I'll use maximus which let's you listen to the lows mids and highs by themselves, and you can use the stereo seperation knob to bring the lows closer to the center. It just sounds too roomy if that makes sense. BusyWorksBeats on Youtube has a crash course video on mixing that'll make your track sound better, I like it though!!

this has a really cool flume vibe to it, the sounds seem like they could have a little more breathing room by way of either eq or compression. Love what you did overall though

Back