Ace Of Base - Cruel Summer (DJ Ocean Vibes deep mix)

DrCIH

Ace Of Base - Cruel Summer (DJ Ocean Vibes deep mix) F4F

Hay guys,
Really liked this song and found the vocals with decent quality. So I made this mix :).
Deep House - 115 BPM :).

FREE DOWNLOAD

Feedback is much appreciated. Write me a PM and I'll do the same for you guys :).

Best regards,
DJ Ocean Vibes

Last edited:
Nice track, very 80's. Very original sound which i enjoyed. seemed to be mixed well but i am listening with earphones. the only problem i have is the tempo, if you want it to be lounge music then its spot on but if you want people dancing to it then its a bit slow for that in my opinion.

Progressive House - Salect F4F

Great mixing of the vocals with the instrumentals. It sounds very natural and flows well. One thing I would point out is that the bass drum sounds a bit too loud. I would perhaps open up the mids on the kick a bit and bring down the lows. Also, I like the synth melody. Quick question: Where did you find the vocals for this track?

If you have time, could you provide feedback on my track? Thanks!

nice track man, overall cool vibe but I agree its kinda hard to find a groove to dance to, I would like to hear more percussion to get it moving also, and the main synth needs more body, overall solid job, keep it up

as an 80s baby the first thing i thought was i was gonna get an Ace of Base sample from the 90s. is this an accurate statement lol. anyway cool beat and stuff man. ace of base brought back some memories man :cheers:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
here is a thread to my beat. Please leave constructive criticism or a comment in the thread

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...l-gain-16k-plays-like-my-other-beat-485106/2/

Also my beat "futuristic flow" just surpassed 16,300 plays :victory:

[/QUOTE]

10x for the feedback. Well, it was meant to be a lounge track, not a dancing one. Like the one they play in club cafes. But I made one main mistake about it. I've worked hard for the track like instruments, mixing, mastering and everything, but wanted to maintain the original 115 BPM. And one of the first laws of production says "know who you product for" and except for the listeners we product for DJs mainly. So when a DJ sees 115 bpm, he says "naaaah I have nothing to mix this with". And doesn't play it. Even considering it deep house, we all know that deep house feels great at about 120 - 128 BPM, maybe as low as 118, but 115 is a little low. Although, there is a tendency in house to lower the BPM. For example if 6 years ago house would go fine with 132 - 130 - 128 bpm, now it often does down to 125, 122,120.

Best regards,
Kostadin :)

Hey DJ Ocean Vibes! Cool tune, if you're going for a lounge vibe you could try turning down your kick a little (or just rolling off some top end) and darkening up that high synth and some of your percussion with a LPF rolling of some top end and maybe adding a little reverb/delay. A little bright for a lounge vibe, just my 2 cents though, overall nice mix :)

Hey DJ Ocean Vibes! Cool tune, if you're going for a lounge vibe you could try turning down your kick a little (or just rolling off some top end) and darkening up that high synth and some of your percussion with a LPF rolling of some top end and maybe adding a little reverb/delay. A little bright for a lounge vibe, just my 2 cents though, overall nice mix :)
Well,
I must agree with you, but I'm so much afraid of collision, and muddyness, that I overEQ everything. Besides, I want my tracks to sound more bright but without lacking mid and bass. I guess if I need to make deep vibes, I'll have to catch the fine line between deep and muddy. Believe me it's hard for me at this moment. And at the end of mixing and mastering I want the track to sound pure and bridgt and every instrument to be hearable by itself. No collision. I still don't know how to create deep without muddyness.

Best reagards,
Kostadin

Back