3 songs

madfren

Hi all! I'm new here and hope this is a good place to get in touch with some fellows with similar taste ;) I have made a few songs and was hoping to get some feedback on a few of them:

One of my latest (progressive house):

Evolve:
Evolve by madfren | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Two from earlier this year, Reach is more on the Ambient side:

Reach:
Reach by madfren | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Flee:
Flee by madfren | Free Listening on SoundCloud

You can also find them on Spotify if you prefer:
Evolve, a song by madfren on Spotify
Reach, a song by madfren on Spotify
https://open.spotify.com/track/1ZYZ0HmAudGGNhgqMvgvOa?si=kYFn8eBvTXShVmWcTtB89Q

Thanks!

Hi @madfren :hello:

In general I like your style.

I really like the progression in Evolve, especially after 3:30. I would personally just have something using more of the lower end frequencies. Just a very subjective opinion but it feels it's living too much in the mid - high range.

Reach is my favourite, it sets a very dreamy mood to me. I don't have any constructive criticism on this one, I really like it!

Flee is good, but I still prefer the other 2. After 1:15 there's a percurssion that comes in, I wonder if it would be nicer if you lower its volume a little or put a low-pass and cut a lot of the mid - high of it.

Pretty good stuff though! I've followed you ;)

P.s. I noticed you're Swedish. I'd like to visit Sweden and go to some music production meetup, do you know of any good communities around Stockholm or Götenburg?

EDIT: Replaced the emojis

Last edited:
Thanks @KosmiCKhaoz ! I have got that comment about Evolve too, I wanted to keep it quite naked but it would've been interesting to try. Maybe I'll make a Evolve 2 one day :D

Happy to hear you like Reach, it is not really following any recipe so I think it might not be for everyone.. :)

True, the snare is quite intense.

Thanks for listening and I'm glad you like it! I don't know about any communities yet (this is my first ;) ) but it would be fun to meet some other people some time! I'll stick around and let you know if I hear about any!

I tend to like different structures myself :rolleyes:

I'm looking forward to listening to your new songs (already followed you on SoundCloud)

Maybe one day we'll meet somewhere in Sweden, let me know if you ever visit London or Cambridge

Hey mate - I listened to Evolve, and it's really different and unique and has a great build up - I think you did well. I see you mentioned maybe a v2.0 - would be sick to hear it with a big kick come in around the 3.30 mark, it already has loads of energy, a fat thump could take it to another level (but that's just my style)!

Back