Dope Underground Hip-Hop Instrumentals(ALL FEEDBACK RETURNED)

YoungZay

flipmaster
DISCLAIMER: One beat in my sig sounds different from the rest(It's called "Qualifying Beat") The begining vocals say "In The Rain". This ISN'T my style of production. I had to do it for the FPBL Qualifying Round.PLEASE don't critique that one.:cry:

I think the rest of my beats are dope though and I wanna know if FP thinks their dope too. I'll return feedback. If you go to my page, look out for "Track 39". I think its my best beat.
:cheers:

Last edited:
Helloy! :hello:

"Track 39" - dope snare, i like it. Perhaps a bit quite.
"Track 83" - is sick man, nice one, bass line is good.
"Now" - to my ears, snare is not very punchy.
"Reunion" - bass line is like "sharp", snare a bit louder
"Chill" - nice sample man =]

Last edited by a moderator:
Checked out a couple of the beats on your soundcloud. You have a lot of cool stuf. You definitely have a good ear for samples. There are only a few things I would say to work on. On some of the beats, the samples are so chopped up and switch so often that the beat loses direction. I remember reading some article about producing that said one of the most valuable skills to a producer is knowing when to chop up a sample, and knowing when to just let it loop. He gave the beat for Jay-Z's "Aint No Love" as an example, and that came to be something that I've always kept in mind. My only other criticism is that the bass sounds muddy on a lot of the beats, but that's really just a mixing issue.

All in all, you've definitely got something good going on. The size and quality of your catalogue at your age is insane. Keep at it, and you'll be unstoppable by the time you're my age.

I think your music is nice, man! Just probably need to work on mixing on a bit of them. I actually like "Now" the best, then Track 39, then Track 83.

I love that bassline in "Now".

One word of advice, though. I wouldn't post a thread to ask people to listen through your music with you have over 30 tracks. Especially when the one you want people to check out is like on the 3rd page. Some people will give up when they have to click more than twice. Just a thought. Obviously, I'm not one of those people :)

I followed you as well ;)

Hopefully you can return the favor:

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...nd-new-track-will-always-return-favor-371677/

Checked out a couple of the beats on your soundcloud. You have a lot of cool stuf. You definitely have a good ear for samples. There are only a few things I would say to work on. On some of the beats, the samples are so chopped up and switch so often that the beat loses direction. I remember reading some article about producing that said one of the most valuable skills to a producer is knowing when to chop up a sample, and knowing when to just let it loop. He gave the beat for Jay-Z's "Aint No Love" as an example, and that came to be something that I've always kept in mind. My only other criticism is that the bass sounds muddy on a lot of the beats, but that's really just a mixing issue.

All in all, you've definitely got something good going on. The size and quality of your catalogue at your age is insane. Keep at it, and you'll be unstoppable by the time you're my age.
Thanks man. I appreciate the feedback ALOT, ill definitely use it to improve.

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

I think your music is nice, man! Just probably need to work on mixing on a bit of them. I actually like "Now" the best, then Track 39, then Track 83.

I love that bassline in "Now".

One word of advice, though. I wouldn't post a thread to ask people to listen through your music with you have over 30 tracks. Especially when the one you want people to check out is like on the 3rd page. Some people will give up when they have to click more than twice. Just a thought. Obviously, I'm not one of those people :)

I followed you as well ;)

Hopefully you can return the favor:

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...nd-new-track-will-always-return-favor-371677/
Thanks for the advice, ill keep that in mind. Followed you, you got some tight beats on your page. cool rappers too.

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------

@kiddyMatthew. HOW THE HECK DID YOU GET SO FAMOUS IN A DAY????????????????? you got like 20 comments and 100 plays already?! WTF??!!?

Back