Damn this place is DEAD...

I

I_watch_stars

I remember back in the dizzay when people actually reviewed/posted music here...damn! I was thinking about posting my newest song here but I looks like no one will even come in this forum!

Can you hear the crickets?

I_watch_stars said:
Can you hear the crickets?

...great name for a track!!

as for no-one coming in anymore...that's probably because of the multitude of hip hop producers who simply cannot read who repeatedly and continually persist in posting hip hop tracks for review here!!!!!!!!!!

I rarely come here anymore....I simply occasionally wander in to have a pop at them and tell them where to go....if you get my drift...like the thread below...

https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=47048877#post47048877

Yup..it sure is dead. I've been reporting the blatantly hiphop tracks and beats via the little "report post" link at the bottom of a post like the admin of this forum suggested. I urge everyone to do the same.

I've been reviewing peoples tracks, but sadly I haven't gotten anything in return. :-(

Doing that is a good way to let this forum die.

sonus said:
Yup..it sure is dead. I've been reporting the blatantly hiphop tracks and beats via the little "report post" link at the bottom of a post like the admin of this forum suggested. I urge everyone to do the same.

I've been reviewing peoples tracks, but sadly I haven't gotten anything in return. :-(

Doing that is a good way to let this forum die.

and most of it's not even remotely good hip hop, which makes it that much more offensive.

:D

Lord Thathidge said:

hip hop producers who simply cannot read who repeatedly and continually persist in posting hip hop tracks for review here!!!!!!!!!!
]

I'm doing what I can LT. Trust me, I remove a lot of threads. I'll close instead of remove for a couple of days so you can see what I mean.

sleepy said:

I'm doing what I can LT. Trust me, I remove a lot of threads. I'll close instead of remove for a couple of days so you can see what I mean.

I know bud. I just can't believe that it still goes on... :(

believe me, thousands of people come here... 100,000 each week in fact.

it's just that only a very small % of that posts new tracks here for review.

I see the stats and numbers, you do get a ton of exposure by posting here... review comments or not.

I am enjoying a great track posted by bliss001 (sp?) right now... I'll try to post and review here more than I used to.

Take care! Stick around and post your work.

I've felt similarly about this forum. I think one of the things afflicting it is simply terminology - hip-hop guys often use the words "beats" and "tracks" interchangeably.

Personally, I've not had any new work worth posting in quite a while. What I have produced has been for-hire that I can't make available (sigh.)

Like mano, I look forward to reviewing more great tracks.

I'd also like to be a mod, pls. :)

-fg

one reason why i stopped coming here is because nobody reviews my tracks. even though i spend, you know, like an hour reviewing tracks.

for real tho why do u guys care, u got nuthin beter to do then tell ppl wat to do ?, watever man the whole site is about music production, where supose to be like a family, would u tell ur 80 year old grandma : oh dnt sit here thats for ppl that do this and dat, ur supose to sit here ?? would u ?? man just chill about, i doubt that when u fiurst came here, u were an expert aite so im not here to hate, just to tell u guys give it a rest. Peace.

btw im not talkin to u gusya bove me, but to the guys on the first page n so, who keep tellin ppl, this and dat arent the right place to post tracks.

venice89 said:
for real tho why do u guys care, u got nuthin beter to do then tell ppl wat to do ?, watever man the whole site is about music production, where supose to be like a family, would u tell ur 80 year old grandma : oh dnt sit here thats for ppl that do this and dat, ur supose to sit here ?? would u ?? man just chill about, i doubt that when u fiurst came here, u were an expert aite so im not here to hate, just to tell u guys give it a rest. Peace.

...you got nothing better to do than show disrespect for forum rules designed to make FP easier to negotiate for everyone?

The site is about music production...on that count you are right...but are you saying that it doesn't matter where we post different topics? To insinuate that shows a distinct lack of respect for the endless work carried out by Mano and the moderators. Historically, there were many hip hop bods who campaigned relentlessly for their own sections in the forums. Mano has no doubt worked tirelessly and without financial gain to make it so and yet there are still people who simply do not have any regard for the work he has put in to cater to their every whim.

I personally have stated time and time again that it isn't about hating people that produce hip hop, but man, some of you guys can be so uptight! You have a tendancy to take criticism as a personal affront. This statement does generalise I admit so I do accept that there are those of you who do follow forum rules and show respect for these and FP members but to the rest of you - just sit back and chill out occasionally. We are not "name calling" or "flaming" etc. We are simply presenting the facts.

No, none of us were experts when we first came here...but personally, I took the time to at least familiarise myself with the layout of the forum and the basic rules. For ****'s sake there are "STICKY POSTS" and countless threads about this ongoing issue. It really isn't a difficult concept to grasp.

I really have got better things to do. I am not telling people what to do....in fact....scrub that....i am having to tell people where to go and what to do because they simply can't seem to spoonfeed themselves.

Oh, and if my 90 year old grandmother was sitting in a chair which had already been designated to another occupant who required that chair for a specific task then yes, I would suggest to her that it may be beneficial to all concerned if she sat elsewhere...and being 90, i would help her to move...but then the situation wouldn't occur because my grandmother, despite being 90 and a little confused, would have checked that the seat was not required before sitting down...its called common courtesy... :)

venice89 said:

for one, i can tell that you are a kid, so listen.

A lot of MUSICIAN and ARTISTS, including me, put a WHOLE LOT of time and effort, sweat, tears and blood into our music, some of us are extremely passionate about music.

Now imagine that you just finished working 120+ hours on a track, and you can't wait to post it up for other musicians to review/critic your work, how would you feel if all your hard work receives no feedback? nothing at all? wouldn't you be pissed? wouldn't you be like "**** that i aint postin jack sh*t no more"??

thats whats happening, its like a decease, little by little, people stop posting, they stop reviewing.
And this is the result of lazy, selfish users who posts their track saying "NEW TRACK CHECK ME OUT!!! REVIEW RETURNED" and once people check him out, he doesn't bother to respond or give back a review...

Heck i used to review alot of tracks way back, giving props and giving constructive comments on their work, without even asking for something in return. But some people are just straight up selfish.

I was about to post a track up too but then i thought to myself, nahh, nobody will even bother replying so i'll just burn some copies for some friends...

yeah but do remember if everyone takes that attitude the forum WILL die.

Its probably a good idea for the people who see the problem to set an example.

mano 1 said:
believe me, thousands of people come here... 100,000 each week in fact.

it's just that only a very small % of that posts new tracks here for review.

I see the stats and numbers, you do get a ton of exposure by posting here... review comments or not.

I am enjoying a great track posted by bliss001 (sp?) right now... I'll try to post and review here more than I used to.

Take care! Stick around and post your work.

Back