Chill hiphop beat. need some comments on this one. Feed for feed.

thugsy15

i made this a year ago. got addicted to the sound of saxophone so i used it here. tell me what you think. leave a link to your thread so i can return feed.

I overall enjoyed that thugsy. the hook can come off as almost too busy but it just works for my ear. Good job man, I liked the saxophone too!

Doesn't sound at all like a "Hip-Hop" beat other than the drums but even then, this comes off as more of a Jazz song with hop-hop inspired drums. Regardless of classification, EXCELLENT work! The piano is played beautifully, the saxophone fit right in and the overall vibe was incredible! Dope mix, dope instrumentation, and dope vibe. #WIN

Sound Choice: 9
Mix: 9
"X" Factor/my personal feeling: 9

Overall: 9

When you get a second, if you could hit me back with some feedback, I'd REALLY appreciate it!
Link: Do's And Don'ts For Unsigned Rappers

Last edited:
Doesn't sound at all like a "Hip-Hop" beat other than the drums but even then, this comes off as more of a Jazz song with hop-hop inspired drums. Regardless of classification, EXCELLENT work! The piano is played beautifully, the saxophone fit right in and the overall vibe was incredible! Dope mix, dope instrumentation, and dope vibe. #WIN

Sound Choice: 9
Mix: 9
"X" Factor/my personal feeling: 9

Overall: 9

When you get a second, if you could hit me back with some feedback, I'd REALLY appreciate it!
Link: Do's And Don'ts For Unsigned Rappers

thanks man. i love listening to jazz so i tried to make a beat with a jazz vibe to it. really enjoyed making this one. will go to the link asap.

---------- Post added at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

Really liked the beat. Like what The5thElement said, it almost doesn't sound like a hip-hop beat, more like hip-hop inspired jazz. Definitely feeling that sound man, big fan of smooth jazz here so definitely worth listening to even on its own.

Mars by Flikr on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

I made the beat and rapped over it, so yeah, just looking for feedback on everything.

i appreciate it man. thanks. will leave a comment on your soundcloud asap.

Yeah I agree with what everyone else has pretty much said. The instrumentation fits soundly with each other, none seem to be fighting to be the lead instrument.. they just all sort of mesh into one... very pleasing to the ear. I'm a fan of any and all music so it's great to listen to stuff like this. The mix sounds great other than I might turn down the string a little bit in the chorus, but that's about it. Also maybe add a little more to your kick, it sounds a little bit thin to me. But that's about all. Great job on this. Keep it up for sure!

This beat is so good, that I am going now to use saxophone everywhere i can :P
To be honest, I dont check every beat at this forum, BUT this one is the best I have heard in here.
Beautiful.

hey man youve got real talent, those beats are different for real, hella feel good too, love the vibe and the melodies. The piano, bass, sax and percussion were all done hella good on that 1st track, a song to that would have to be tight

2nd track also has good energy, im seeing that your music has a lot of personality, to em, real good vibe in this one, high energy and that main guitar lick melody goes hard, your percussion and bass is again on point, fam you got your own style, take my hat off to that, 2 very different tracks but still done well

hey man youve got real talent, those beats are different for real, hella feel good too, love the vibe and the melodies. The piano, bass, sax and percussion were all done hella good on that 1st track, a song to that would have to be tight

2nd track also has good energy, im seeing that your music has a lot of personality, to em, real good vibe in this one, high energy and that main guitar lick melody goes hard, your percussion and bass is again on point, fam you got your own style, take my hat off to that, 2 very different tracks but still done well

thanks man. really appreciate it.

dg

sounds like it came with fruity loops or something likea demo song while ur installing... not feelin it

this is so beautiful man! i love it would be great if you also return the favor :) https://www.futureproducers.com/for...feedback/feed4feed-1000000%-new-beats-376996/

thanks man. returning feed now.

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 PM ----------

sounds like it came with fruity loops or something likea demo song while ur installing... not feelin it

haha. it's good man, we all have different tastes. didn't know fruity loops installer plays songs while installing. i dont use fl anyway. made this using Cubase and Reason. thanks for the time.

The very ending of the beat is cheap tho, it's like a cut off note. Like eating ice-cream with salt on it.

In general, a beat that generates good emmotions. Sax is a sick instrument, it's a lethal weapon :)

Back