Who Flips Samples best ?

to me Pete Rock is the best sampler of all time
he has different layers from 1 sample on top of his beats with horns and everything.

Pete just has great compositions.

to me Pete Rock is the best sampler of all time
he has different layers from 1 sample on top of his beats with horns and everything.

Pete just has great compositions.

I definitely agree. Pete Rock has always been more melodic in his sampling compared to other producers.

I personally dont like beats that dont have good melody.
I love Havoc's drums for example but his stuff doesnt have much melody.
I have the same with RZA and i also dont even like RZA's drums half of the times.

Yh I gotta say Nottz I seen this video where he was flipping really comercial songs like blondie etc. and making it sound crazy and seen him play songs all sampled from the comming to america sountrack and that was nice too.
Probz Jake One aswell as far as taking different records and rearrangeing them into a beat Love that No Introdeezy beat.

Yep Kanye for me without a doubt. I really dig No I.D's production on Common's latest album though and the whole Cocaine 80s EPs.

I do...
But seriously I'd say Pete Rock/RZA/Premier for 90's
and Dilla/Oh No/? for last decade
Oxperiment is a lot more impressive if you work with samples and realize how many layers of skill and creativity had to go into some of those tracks; waves became my favorite chop once I heard the og Johnny Don't Do It

Dilla. I would've said Madlib, but most of his stuff lately sounds like weed smoke. But these two brothers were more versatile in their creations. They didn't just dig in Motown and 70 soul crates. Them cats was sampling David Essex, Kenny Loggins, Gentle Giant, and Shuggie Otis. And I bet some of ya'll wondering who these people are. Exactly!

Dilla. I would've said Madlib, but most of his stuff lately sounds like weed smoke. But these two brothers were more versatile in their creations. They didn't just dig in Motown and 70 soul crates. Them cats was sampling David Essex, Kenny Loggins, Gentle Giant, and Shuggie Otis. And I bet some of ya'll wondering who these people are. Exactly!
They're not the 1st cats to do that though. Honestly they are really throw backs to the 80s and 90s when people went digging for unique loops. Now a days people just download 70s soul off YouTube and don't care who else has flipped it.

Well there are a LOT of producers who do an amazing job at the art of sampling BUT I STILL CAN'T GET OVER HOW JUST BLAZE CHOPED SUPER FREAK FOR KINGDOM COME, that is pure genius.

Back