Votes: 22 57.9%
  • DJ Premier

Votes: 16 42.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zach_P

TheBackPacked.com

DJ Honda and DJ Premier sample Jerry Butler - Whatevers Fair. Who made the better beat using the sample?

DJ Honda made it more intricate, beat-wise, but Premo's made a better actual song.

no one is best than the other, it's just two different styles, how can we compare fruits and vegetables? (i prefer vegetables...)

Premo made a better beat. DJ Honda did a good job, I don't see what is so great about his beat though.

DJ Honda, better song? Of course, Mos Def is in it. But the one with the better beat is Premo's beat "Insp-Her-Ation"

I personally think there is too much other stuff going on in DJ Honda's beat. Then again I'm a very simple person when it comes to beats.

Dj honda for simple reason, he was able to fiddle with the sample more, like premo made his dope... but both beats are basicly the same, structure wise and main chops just honda added a lil extra peice which striked me.

Primo... Honda had the weaker beat, but had a better rapper and so produced a better song... Primier had the stronger beat(more to my taste anyway!), but had a weaker rapper in respect to Mos Def... Verry close. Primo down to my style...

Honda had a better song to his, Traveling man is a classic. But just pound for pound speaking beats...

Honda Flipped the sample more, Primo's beat knocked more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back